theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Anyone not book ADRs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1006168)

Wandmaker 15 Feb 17 12:12 AM

Anyone not book ADRs

We are staying onsite for a couple of nights at the start of our holiday before moving to a villa. I keep reading about booking restaurants but am stressing about the times and where we will be. I don't want to be committed to a dinner reservation if we just feel like chilling in the villa or walking to a local restaurant but on the other hand i feel we 'should' experience the Disney dining. If I don't book in advance am I likely to be able to book on the day?

duchy 15 Feb 17 12:20 AM

Yes if you are able to be a bit flexible about times - and which restaurant then you will still be able to get reservations on the day . Plenty of nice places to eat on and off site and most people (dibbers apart :D) don't plan as intensively as you'd think from reading the planning forums :D

Unless there's a must do on your list you'll be fine going with the flow - although you could always change or cancel reservations you've made anyway.

Guest 15 Feb 17 08:44 AM

We don't usually book ADR's as we don't want to be tied to dinner times. You can get in if you're flexible. Apart from BoG. :)

Wandmaker 15 Feb 17 11:22 AM

it's good to know that we can be flexible. Thank you.

As it's out first time in Florida with our DS I don't know how tired he will especially in the first few days. I do have a reservation at T-Rex on our second evening but i could only get a table at 8pm! I'm now thinking this may be too late (DS will be 10). But having checked today i can't get another reservation at T-Rex for the rest of our holiday. Would you cancel the reservation? If i cancel on the day if he's not up to it, would there be a cancellation fee?

Guest 15 Feb 17 11:33 AM

Our first time last year & we didn't book any apart from T-rex. Like the flexibility of eating where & when we want. We will be doing the same this year too. There are loads of lovely places to eat offsite. You will enjoy T-rex, we did. There were 6 of us & we was only in there about one & a half hours if that helps with your 8pm reservation? x

daftmum 15 Feb 17 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandmaker (Post 12288186)

As it's out first time in Florida with our DS I don't know how tired he will especially in the first few days. I do have a reservation at T-Rex on our second evening but i could only get a table at 8pm! I'm now thinking this may be too late (DS will be 10). But having checked today i can't get another reservation at T-Rex for the rest of our holiday. Would you cancel the reservation? If i cancel on the day if he's not up to it, would there be a cancellation fee?

If you get yourself a Landrys card you get priority seating. That way you can just turn up when you feel like it and just have a short wait for a table. The card costs $25 but they put that as credit onto the card. You also get a bonus $25 to spend the month of your birthday

MissFortune 15 Feb 17 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandmaker (Post 12288186)

Email T-Rex directly. They only open up very few times to the Disney ADR system.

You can usually get your pick of times if you send them an email.

The email address I've used before is:

txorap@ldry.com

I just put

"Hi,

Please can I make a reservation for a table of 2 on Tuesday 22nd September at 7.00pm?

If there are any problems with the above date/time please let me know.

Many Thanks
name"

chippyminton 16 Feb 17 12:16 PM

I'm here now, first time and on DDP, and have cancelled and booked ADRs as we go along. We've enjoyed TS lunches in the parks, but been a bit too tired to properly enjoy TS dinners and felt quite constrained by having to be somewhere at a particular time.
Maybe try a late lunch reservation?