theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   people giving you 'advice' (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1100792)

sha9 21 Sep 18 03:35 PM

Iíd have had to correct him on th free dining thing. I just wouldnít be able to help myself.
And the one who chose the unlimited FP over free dining Iíd still be arguing with. Iíd also be concerned she could have free dining but wonít be aware of it and will have a whole load of unused credits. Oh and how disappointed will she be trying to use her unlimited FP!

Gill H 21 Sep 18 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikkicat (Post 13499258)
don't you just hate it when an 'important - opinionated' colleague tries to tell you how to do a DisneyLAND holiday while speaking about Orlando? and did i know you can only get one FP and you can hire an ex-Disney worker to use their pass to skip all of the ques ?
then goes on to say he had the free dining just because he stayed in the GF and 'told the concierge he wanted to eat int he same restaurant every night and just book it up'...

took every inch of my being not to explode! :mad::mad::pgig::pgig:

I think we have a new term...

Disneysplaining!

Vikkicat 21 Sep 18 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13499422)
I think we have a new term...

Disneysplaining!

LOVE IT!

that is exactly what he was doing - even talked slowly to me! hahahahah

sha9 21 Sep 18 03:45 PM

Thereís always someone though. We were in Florida for Irma last year as was my sisters colleague. He reported back that it was so bad, concrete benches were flying through the air. Now thatís a hurricane!

Claudette 21 Sep 18 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikkicat (Post 13499258)
don't you just hate it when an 'important - opinionated' colleague tries to tell you how to do a DisneyLAND holiday while speaking about Orlando? and did i know you can only get one FP and you can hire an ex-Disney worker to use their pass to skip all of the ques ?
then goes on to say he had the free dining just because he stayed in the GF and 'told the concierge he wanted to eat int he same restaurant every night and just book it up'...

took every inch of my being not to explode! :mad::mad::pgig::pgig:

Wouldnít bother me at all, sounds harmless.

sha9 21 Sep 18 05:58 PM

I would love it if these things didnít annoy me but Iím just not made that way.

princessgem 21 Sep 18 06:10 PM

When people are like this is does annoy me, but More because they just wonít listen to me if I try to correct them- eg the unlimited fastpass person, you were only correcting her so you could help her and she didnít want to know!

pad406 21 Sep 18 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessgem (Post 13499681)
When people are like this is does annoy me, but More because they just wonít listen to me if I try to correct them- eg the unlimited fastpass person, you were only correcting her so you could help her and she didnít want to know!

I've developed a simple rule for myself in these situations.

If they don't listen, walk away.

Love helping people that want to be helped but as the old saying goes

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

2waterford 21 Sep 18 06:26 PM

Saw this on Instagram a few days ago

coggie 21 Sep 18 06:47 PM

I actually feel sorry for the woman who has been mislead and declined the free dining for a non existent fastpass. She needs help to try and rectify that