theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Nationwide flex travel insurance (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149935)

ELLENUT 18 Oct 19 01:19 PM

Nationwide flex travel insurance

Has anyone elses policy just come up for renewal? Ours is due next month and DH usually just rings up and gets his conditions added (on meds for high blood pressure & cholesteral). This has been added for the past 4 years for free. They now want £30 as insurance costs have gone up (even though he's no more risk :mad: ).

So now thinking of closing account ( depending if we can get a reasonably price policy elsewhere?).

Does anyone have any tips on what companies to try?

EDIT... just priced up breakdown cover and looks like we would still be worse off to move as it covers that too (also phone cover)... Be prepared though if you are due for renewal

sprocket 18 Oct 19 01:33 PM

£30 extra isnt to bad for the cover they give, you will be hard to beat it.
Remember he is now a year older so this may now fall into a higher risk bracket for them.

Mr Tom Morrow 18 Oct 19 01:36 PM

Plus the Flex Plus account T & C's are changing ref interest on the balance you hold.:erm:

I already pay circa £105 on top and my Wife circa £70 so I'm not looking forward to renewal at the end of November.

Pagan8c 18 Oct 19 02:06 PM

I have just opened 1 of these accounts and even with the £212 extra they want for my wife and I medical stuff it is still probably cheaper than a lot of straight insurance buys. I have also just claimed on the phone policy as my wifes phone wouldn't charge so it cost £25 to repair so 1 bonus used. As for breakdown I have a 1 year old car which has 3 years cover so won't be using it. For my existing medical problems I thought it was a bit pricey but having done comparison checks it is still one of the cheapest and covers us for a whole years and not just 1 holiday.

ELLENUT 18 Oct 19 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14132229)
Plus the Flex Plus account T & C's are changing ref interest on the balance you hold.:erm:

I already pay circa £105 on top and my Wife circa £70 so I'm not looking forward to renewal at the end of November.

I know, its so annoying, the £6 interest a month offset the £13 fee for us :(

Rebelrebel 18 Oct 19 03:29 PM

We cancelled our account, it was £90 extra for pre-existing conditions and we when it was up for renewal last year we had no plans to go anywhere plus we sold DH's car so only have one now so it wasn't worth it for the breakdown.

DisneyDaffodil 18 Oct 19 03:55 PM

I just rang as I take medication for high cholesterol and had informed them previously but have not been charged extra so I wanted to check I’m still covered. Apparently it’s one medication/ one illness per person so as I only take one tablet and have no other illnesses, then I am covered at no extra charge. Definitely worth ringing to check though

ELLENUT 18 Oct 19 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 14132452)
I just rang as I take medication for high cholesterol and had informed them previously but have not been charged extra so I wanted to check I’m still covered. Apparently it’s one medication/ one illness per person so as I only take one tablet and have no other illnesses, then I am covered at no extra charge. Definitely worth ringing to check though

Thanks DH takes 2 tablets so that could be why. We are not anticipating going away next year so may just not pay the £30 extra until we decide to go away. i will ring them and check that we are still covered for everything else though incase we do a UK break.

Jaybeez 18 Oct 19 05:22 PM

I have cover though my Nationwide and pay extra to cover breast cancer, my renewal for this year was cheaper than last year. I paid £105 this year.

DisneyDaffodil 18 Oct 19 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLENUT (Post 14132568)
Thanks DH takes 2 tablets so that could be why. We are not anticipating going away next year so may just not pay the £30 extra until we decide to go away. i will ring them and check that we are still covered for everything else though incase we do a UK break.

Yes, that’s probably it. The adviser was very helpful and said if I was ever prescribed more medication for this or any other health condition there would probably need an upgrade charge