theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   FastPass+ coming to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Walt Disney World Resort (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158788)

SMAX 23 Jan 20 03:14 PM

FastPass+ coming to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Walt Disney World Resort

Attention Star Wars fans! Guests can now reserve access to fly the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

FastPass+ reservations for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run are available in the My Disney Experience app for those planning visits on or after Feb. 19 as a Tier 1 attraction.

Similar to other theme park offerings, when making FastPass+ plans for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can select between either Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog Dash (pending availability). Then, they can add additional experiences to plans, including Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! and more.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run combines immersive storytelling with interactive gameplay and makes guests the protagonist of their own Star Wars adventure! When it’s time for the mission to begin, guests will be assigned one of three critical roles: Pilots, Gunners and Flight Engineers. The goal is to smuggle goods while avoiding any unnecessary entanglements.

On the Feb 19, Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Mania!, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will move from Tier 1 to Tier 2. Leaving just Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Slinky Dog Dash in Tier 1.

Please note that during this grand opening period of the popular new attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we will continue to operate a virtual queue.

Floridadreams 23 Jan 20 03:25 PM

Managed to bag one of the first fps then on 19th February - thanks to keen eyed Dibbers who posted on here! Very happy 😊

rinroo 23 Jan 20 03:34 PM

I’ve just been able to bag one for the 19th Feb too!

Robsie71 23 Jan 20 05:07 PM

So there is only 2 tier 1 rides now and everything else is tier 2? Assuming ROTR will be the third tier 1 once available!

Nimbus 23 Jan 20 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMAX (Post 14254804)
Similar to other theme park offerings, when making FastPass+ plans for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can select between either Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog Dash (pending availability). Then, they can add additional experiences to plans, including Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! and more.

Also on the Feb 19, Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story Mania! will move from Tier 1 to Tier 2.

The first paragraph quoted above makes it sound like only MF:SR and SDD will be in tier 1 whereas the rest will be in tier 2.

Whereas the second part makes it sound like only ASS and TSM will be moving to tier 2 and so RnRC and ToT will remain in tier 1.

So, erm, that's confusing... :confused2

ETA: The sentence "Also on the Feb 19, Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story Mania! will move from Tier 1 to Tier 2" does not appear in Disney's announcement on their webpage:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-world-resort/

SMAX 23 Jan 20 05:16 PM

I have edited it to also say RnR and Tot are moving. There will only be 2 Tier 1 rides from the 19th.

Elodie 23 Jan 20 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimbus (Post 14254957)
The first paragraph quoted above makes it sound like only MF:SR and SDD will be in tier 1 whereas the rest will be in tier 2.

Whereas the second part makes it sound like only ASS and TSM will be moving to tier 2 and so RnRC and ToT will remain in tier 1.

So, erm, that's confusing... :confused2

ETA: The sentence "Also on the Feb 19, Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story Mania! will move from Tier 1 to Tier 2" does not appear in Disney's announcement on their webpage:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-world-resort/

Oh yes, it definitely sounds less ambiguous on that link, without the ‘Also on the Feb 19...’ sentence. I’m pleased about this announcement - we’ve been making rough plans for FPs, but knowing that the tiers were very likely to change before our trip, and not knowing how much they’d change. Following on from this, the only potential changes are the addition of FPs for RotR and Minnie & Mickey’s Runaway Railroad. I wonder if they will have four Tier 1s, or move Slinky Dog to Tier 2?

Nimbus 23 Jan 20 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elodie (Post 14254984)
Oh yes, it definitely sounds less ambiguous on that link, without the ‘Also on the Feb 19...’ sentence. I’m pleased about this announcement - we’ve been making rough plans for FPs, but knowing that the tiers were very likely to change before our trip, and not knowing how much they’d change. Following on from this, the only potential changes are the addition of FPs for RotR and Minnie & Mickey’s Runaway Railroad. I wonder if they will have four Tier 1s, or move Slinky Dog to Tier 2?

At a guess, I'd say they'll have four tier 1s. I think SDD will still be popular.

YorkshireT 23 Jan 20 07:47 PM

This is much better can now get Slinky or the new Millenium Falcon, RaR and ToT in one go.
I didn’t even bother with the MF ride at Xmas with it being queue only.

TINKERBELL44 23 Jan 20 09:26 PM

Excellent news 🥰