theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Grrrr, Grockles! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1138247)

Mrs Red C 24 Jul 19 04:54 PM

Grrrr, Grockles!
 
1st day of school hols in Devon for me and boy, the bad drivers have arrived 😫
Cut up by a bullying 4 x 4 driver who couldn't read the road signs before the roundabout. The RIGHT lane turns RIGHT and not straight across! Surely he should have done the complete circuit instead of pushing into my lane and refusing to give way to ME who was in the correct lane. Urgh! Makes my blood boil when people can't obey the rules of the road.
Rant over, least I've only got a few weeks before we get the Floridian drivers... 🤨

Cloverlady 24 Jul 19 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C (Post 13973572)
1st day of school hols in Devon for me and boy, the bad drivers have arrived 😫
Cut up by a bullying 4 x 4 driver who couldn't read the road signs before the roundabout. The RIGHT lane turns RIGHT and not straight across! Surely he should have done the complete circuit instead of pushing into my lane and refusing to give way to ME who was in the correct lane. Urgh! Makes my blood boil when people can't obey the rules of the road.
Rant over, least I've only got a few weeks before we get the Floridian drivers... 🤨

Hehehe, haven't heard that word since we lived down in Brixham for a few years! :pgig::pgig:
Boy I loved it there, would love to move back...

The traffic might be bad right now (I remember the gridlock and bad drivers myself) but on the up-side you live in a lovely part of the world! :)

lizzie145 24 Jul 19 05:18 PM

it is not always grockles - many a local will do this too - usually in a large car. It can be difficult to read road signs and figure out the lanes in a new area all at the same time.

I am sure that i have cut people up when driving in new areas at times

taylaboo 24 Jul 19 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C (Post 13973572)
1st day of school hols in Devon for me and boy, the bad drivers have arrived 😫
Cut up by a bullying 4 x 4 driver who couldn't read the road signs before the roundabout. The RIGHT lane turns RIGHT and not straight across! Surely he should have done the complete circuit instead of pushing into my lane and refusing to give way to ME who was in the correct lane. Urgh! Makes my blood boil when people can't obey the rules of the road.
Rant over, least I've only got a few weeks before we get the Floridian drivers... 🤨

Same here in Great Yarmouth!

Mrs Red C 24 Jul 19 05:20 PM

Thanks, wasn't sure after I posted, if people would understand the term 'grockle'! 😉

Brixham is a lovely but busy place too, we're in East Devon. Just got to allow extra time to get anywhere as they drive at 40mph regardless of the speed limit too...

Mrs Red C 24 Jul 19 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie145 (Post 13973605)
it is not always grockles - many a local will do this too - usually in a large car. It can be difficult to read road signs and figure out the lanes in a new area all at the same time.

I am sure that i have cut people up when driving in new areas at times

Yes, know it can be tricky but even so, he should of gone around the roundabout!

disney332 24 Jul 19 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C (Post 13973609)
Thanks, wasn't sure after I posted, if people would understand the term 'grockle'! 😉

Brixham is a lovely but busy place too, we're in East Devon. Just got to allow extra time to get anywhere as they drive at 40mph regardless of the speed limit too...

Whats a Grockle ? Sounds like seafood 😂

Disney332

coggie 24 Jul 19 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C (Post 13973572)
1st day of school hols in Devon for me and boy, the bad drivers have arrived 😫
Cut up by a bullying 4 x 4 driver who couldn't read the road signs before the roundabout. The RIGHT lane turns RIGHT and not straight across! Surely he should have done the complete circuit instead of pushing into my lane and refusing to give way to ME who was in the correct lane. Urgh! Makes my blood boil when people can't obey the rules of the road.
Rant over, least I've only got a few weeks before we get the Floridian drivers... 🤨

Did they have a sign on their car saying they were on holiday?

Mrs Red C 24 Jul 19 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney332 (Post 13973641)
Whats a Grockle ? Sounds like seafood 😂

Disney332

A tourist! You can just tell .. 😅

400ixl 24 Jul 19 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney332 (Post 13973641)
Whats a Grockle ? Sounds like seafood 😂

Disney332

A tourist. A grockle box is a caravan.

Bit of a 70's endearment as heard it loads as a kid but not very much from the 90's onwards.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.