theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Do I still go? Separating from wife (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056625)

benatkins10 28 Nov 17 10:24 AM

Do I still go? Separating from wife

Hi all

Booked to go back again in August this year. Unfortunately it looks as though myself and my wife will have split up and she is saying she doesn't want to come.

Should I still take my 3 kids (9,8,6) and will I be able to cope with 3 just on my own (in terms of how busy the park is etc)

I still want to go but don't want it to be overwhelming for the kids if it will be hard.

Anybody else just go on their own with the kids?

Cheers

Ben

NewtoOrlando 28 Nov 17 10:28 AM

Personally, I would still take them, I wouldn't want to let my kids down. I'm sure it will be hard, both in terms of doing it on your own & dealing with crowds etc, but, it's so family friendly that I'm sure as long as you plan to take breaks and give the kids plenty of pool time or chill time when they're tired, then it will be fine.

We're out there near enough the same time, with 2 kids who will be 12 & 10, always willing to meet up & have a chat/let the kids play if you need a bit of adult company (I have my dh too, he's also like a child lol)

Sorry about the separation, but go and give the kids a holiday they deserve!

Stitchfan626 28 Nov 17 10:35 AM

I'd still go too.

I'm a single parent (with only 1 child) and we went earlier this year and had a great time.

I found people incredibly helpful, especially if you are on your own.

Cidersid 28 Nov 17 10:39 AM

I'm a single dad and have taken my 3 a couple of times...it can be hard work but is there anywhere better in the world to take children? ;)

benatkins10 28 Nov 17 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando (Post 12960634)
Personally, I would still take them, I wouldn't want to let my kids down. I'm sure it will be hard, both in terms of doing it on your own & dealing with crowds etc, but, it's so family friendly that I'm sure as long as you plan to take breaks and give the kids plenty of pool time or chill time when they're tired, then it will be fine.

We're out there near enough the same time, with 2 kids who will be 12 & 10, always willing to meet up & have a chat/let the kids play if you need a bit of adult company (I have my dh too, he's also like a child lol)

Sorry about the separation, but go and give the kids a holiday they deserve!

Thank you, appreciate that. I do really want to take them and think I will go. They need to have a good time. As we dont know timeframes on when the physical separation will happen I will have to play it by ear in terms of the kids mood etc. But I know it will cheer them up if they have found out by then. Being away from their mum for that long could be the biggest issue though I think.

benatkins10 28 Nov 17 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cidersid (Post 12960645)
I'm a single dad and have taken my 3 a couple of times...it can be hard work but is there anywhere better in the world to take children? ;)

I dont think there is! We have a villa so will probably have more rest days than we usually do. Going for 17 days.

YorkshireT 28 Nov 17 10:43 AM

I'd 100% take them. May help them as well if you are about to leave the house.

Guest 28 Nov 17 10:45 AM

I would, it will be a good regrouping experience in the new dynamic.

Good luck with everything and all the new changes in your life.

amandajane10 28 Nov 17 11:06 AM

I would deff still go

Spencerfamily 28 Nov 17 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benatkins10 (Post 12960647)
Thank you, appreciate that. I do really want to take them and think I will go. They need to have a good time. As we dont know timeframes on when the physical separation will happen I will have to play it by ear in terms of the kids mood etc. But I know it will cheer them up if they have found out by then. Being away from their mum for that long could be the biggest issue though I think.

I too think that it would be fantastic for you all to still go. I think 17 days is a long time and you are right, they will understandably miss their mum. However, the beauty of technology is that they will be able to ring/ facetime her every day if they wanted to. If they know that before they travel they will not have that worry and it will help all of you (including their mum and you).
Have an amazing time and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.