theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1065675)

Stu 12 Feb 18 09:07 AM

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation

1 Attachment(s)
inline imageRock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park is to Receive a Marvel Transformation.

Announced at the Japan D23 expo Disney said that the Marvel Super Hero Universe was coming to Disneyland Paris with the popular Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith attraction being completely reimagined as a high speed, hyper-kenetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers.

gjdjud 12 Feb 18 09:58 AM

Edit.Thought it was DHS

StorybookCircus 12 Feb 18 11:18 AM

This is great news, I love the coaster but I’ve never understood Aerosmith’s connection to Disney or Hollywood!

chrisblanc 12 Feb 18 11:31 AM

There was no connection, they originally wanted the Stones, but that fell through and they went with Aerosmith, who were and I guess still are, a massive group, but in 1999 when the ride opened, they were just coming off Don't wanna Miss a Thing from Armageddon in 1998.

It makes all the sense in the world to me to do this, I do worry that they'll do something similar in DHS with the characters they can use there and then the Guardians Tower of Terror makeover isn't far behind. I love my Twilight Zone!

Gezzs 12 Feb 18 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisblanc (Post 13069262)
There was no connection, they originally wanted the Stones, but that fell through and they went with Aerosmith, who were and I guess still are, a massive group, but in 1999 when the ride opened, they were just coming off Don't wanna Miss a Thing from Armageddon in 1998.

It makes all the sense in the world to me to do this, I do worry that they'll do something similar in DHS with the characters they can use there and then the Guardians Tower of Terror makeover isn't far behind. I love my Twilight Zone!

RnR I'll allow, but if they mess with ToT... :mad::mad::mad: :D

VickieMH 13 Feb 18 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gezzs (Post 13069298)

they should have made TOT into a real hotel. That would have been amazing.

macadoo 18 Feb 18 12:04 PM

Sounds good, but hope it doesn’t close until Star Wars opens.

MissRed 18 Feb 18 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gezzs (Post 13069298)

I'd love them to do this to RnR at DHS, if anything I think RnR needs new theming as anyone under the age of 25 won't have a clue who Aerosmith are!
Even though a lot of people might not know the Twilight Zone, the concept and theming of ToT is brilliant in its own right without the context. To me ToT should be untouchable!
Funny how different rides exhibit totally different opinions about essentially the same thing.

Nimbus 18 Feb 18 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macadoo (Post 13080819)
Sounds good, but hope it doesn’t close until Star Wars opens.

This is at Disneyland in Paris, not Disneyland in California nor HS at WDW.

macadoo 18 Feb 18 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimbus (Post 13081120)
This is at Disneyland in Paris, not Disneyland in California nor HS at WDW.

Never noticed that! I do like it as it is so not too disappointed.