theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Miami Beachfront Hotels (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158874)

SussexFamily 24 Jan 20 11:18 AM

Miami Beachfront Hotels

Next Trip we intend to spend a few days in Miami before heading up to the villa. Only criteria atm is beachfront, quality and with parking. Any suggestions for hotels and location? VMT.

stanleycamel 24 Jan 20 11:24 AM

What would your budget be and is it for 2 adults or a family and if the latter what are they ages of the youngsters?

SussexFamily 24 Jan 20 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleycamel (Post 14255985)
What would your budget be and is it for 2 adults or a family and if the latter what are they ages of the youngsters?

Apologies,

3 Rooms, 5 adults. Unlimited budget.

sunseeker 24 Jan 20 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexFamily (Post 14255991)
Apologies,

3 Rooms, 5 adults. Unlimited budget.

Lowes Miami beach, get a suite. Stayed there a few years ago and loved it.

Dave

Minnie4Mickey 24 Jan 20 12:37 PM

This is exactly what we are looking for on our next trip, thank you for posting this. I have seen one that we like the look of its called the mayfair at coconut grove, I believe they do have parking but for an extra cost

stanleycamel 24 Jan 20 12:55 PM

Lots of different ideas depending on what facilities/areas you would like and I agree with sunseeker Lowes Miami Beach is a great suggestion. Other ideas could include

Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne ( quieter area)
Eden Roc Miami Beach (sadly no parking on site though)
Fontainbleau (can have conferences so busy at times)

Flower2603 24 Jan 20 01:00 PM

We stayed in a little boutique hotel in November, Circa 39, gorgeous, one street away from beach but 3 minute walk and had it's own part of the beach on Miami Beach. Love this location.

There was a big hotel right on the beachfront next to Circa 39's private beach spot, The Cadillac, looked really nice but much more expensive.

We preferred Miami beach to South Beach for the swimming and sun bathing.

SussexFamily 24 Jan 20 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleycamel (Post 14256137)
Lots of different ideas depending on what facilities/areas you would like and I agree with sunseeker Lowes Miami Beach is a great suggestion. Other ideas could include

Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne ( quieter area) Looks nice Is that closer to the Cruise Terminal to the South?
Eden Roc Miami Beach (sadly no parking on site though)
Fontainbleau (can have conferences so busy at times)(This is the default setting on BA Site)

Anyone stayed at any of these?

stanleycamel 24 Jan 20 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexFamily (Post 14256179)
Anyone stayed at any of these?

Stayed in Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne for a couple of nights at the end of a work trip - Club Ocean Front suite with Lounge access. Very nice but as it is over the Rickenbacker Causeway it may be a little out of the way if you want to be around Ocean Drive. Spent a very pleasant afternoon at the Bill Bags State Park with a picnic and bottle of wine.

Yes it is south of the Port of Miami which is about 10 miles away and the traffic can be busy at times.

nothingless 24 Jan 20 02:17 PM

We stayed at a small boutique hotel called the Penguin. It looks out over the street and the beach - no balconies, but we had a lovely view out our window. It included valet parking, free wifi, and free breakfast, and they had a bar-restaurant downstairs where we had a lovely meal! Our room was small, but we only stayed one night so that was fine - if I was staying longer, I'd book one of the larger corner rooms. Really liked this place though, and the price was so reasonable! :)