theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Outside renovation (Can't exactly call it a garden) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1141484)

3disneykids 14 Aug 19 07:52 PM

Outside renovation (Can't exactly call it a garden)

So I haven't posted in a while mainly because my life has been hectic and there would be constant moaning from my ongoing bad luck:pgig::pgig::pgig::pgig:
However this is something that will hopefully provide a much more positive impact on my life.

After much deliberation we decide that we would have it all paved although a late though is a pergola around the back little bit. Opinions welcome?

So here goes:

P.S please don't judge the state of the garden:

We have been wanting to do this for a long time and thanks to a loan from MIL we have finally taken the plunge (not sure about next years trip now though lol :pgig::pgig:)

So before:

This one was before we moved the shed :)

3disneykids 14 Aug 19 08:06 PM

So just to give you an idea of what we are dealing with ...Old Yorkshire stone slabs, cobbles , concrete and the obvious jungle. (Unfortunately none of it was salvageable).
I think it is the most horrific outside space I have ever seen.:blush:

Unfortunately there is no space in the budget to sort out the bodged walls so I will be relying on some paint to at least disguise them.:blush:

munmun 14 Aug 19 08:15 PM

That's a great project and will need some hard work but will turn out beautifully I'm sure.

3disneykids 14 Aug 19 08:16 PM

So day 1
The jungle is removed :

3disneykids 14 Aug 19 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munmun (Post 14015535)
That's a great project and will need some hard work but will turn out beautifully I'm sure.

Thanks ...We have had a digger to it before (It was even worse than this lol)

3disneykids 14 Aug 19 08:22 PM

The digger descends :
They found old drain pipes and a drain along with an old path ... but no body lol ;)

Minnie18 14 Aug 19 09:47 PM

Hi, I had noticed you have been missing. Hope all is well with you. I have to say you love a challenge 😊 looking forward to more photos.

3disneykids 14 Aug 19 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie18 (Post 14015748)
Hi, I had noticed you have been missing. Hope all is well with you. I have to say you love a challenge 😊 looking forward to more photos.

Aww Thanks:grin: It is just the usual rubbish insurance company , house problems lol...I have actually got fed up of moaning.
I am hoping this will provide a positive distraction. :thumbs-up:grin:

Minnie18 14 Aug 19 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3disneykids (Post 14015756)
Aww Thanks:grin: It is just the usual rubbish insurance company , house problems lol...I have actually got fed up of moaning.
I am hoping this will provide a positive distraction. :thumbs-up:grin:

Aww fingers crossed it all settles down for you soon. I am the same sick of moaning about the never ending building site thats meant to be our new business site. Yes I am sure this will be positive for you 😊

3disneykids 17 Aug 19 05:21 PM

Day 3 and more digging

Day 4
Some under layer had gone horn ... there are still 2 bits that need a little more digging at the edges