theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Booking help? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1146176)

Toffee17 19 Sep 19 02:37 AM

Booking help?

Hi,

I'm currently planning our next trip for November 2020. It'll be our honeymoon and sons first trip (he will be two, turning three the second week).

I've been looking at two weeks, the first week staying onsite and still undecided on the second week either somewhere like Clearwater or Rosen Inn Pointe.

We've never stayed onsite before but very interested to take advantage of the benefits but some providers are offering dining plans in the booking whereas others aren't. For example i was under the impression if you stayed at a value hotel you got the Quick Service Plan and if you stayed at a moderate hotel you got the normal Dining Plan? As we've never stayed onsite is the dining plan worth it? (if not included)

Where and who to book with? I've never split a holiday before, would it be best to book online or with the local travel agents? and also When to book? would it be better for me to get booking ASAP?

legallyblonde 19 Sep 19 07:31 AM

You don’t get the quick service dining plan for free with a value resort - I think it is just a free breakfast (but in reality 1 quick service credit so could use it anywhere/anytime). Moderates offer the free quick service dining plan (selected room types) and deluxe offer the free Disney dining plan.

orlandoamber 19 Sep 19 07:55 AM

Values are free breakfast (one QS credit per day), Moderates are free QSDP (2 QS credits and 2 snacks per day), and Deluxe are free DDP (1 TS credit, 1 QS credit and 2 snack credits per day). None of the categories offer free deluxe dining plan (you can upgrade for a fee if you wish). There are also certain room categories it is restricted to. I would start by searching on Disney, ATD etc websites and seeing what comes up for your dates.

Toffee17 19 Sep 19 08:50 AM

Amber, i see from your countdown that your staying at Coronado Springs, that is the hotel i'm looking at. So on ATD they incorporated the dining plan in on the price but i had to add it in on with Disney and Virgin. Did you get any dining plan and was it add on?

orlandoamber 19 Sep 19 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toffee17 (Post 14080518)
Amber, i see from your countdown that your staying at Coronado Springs, that is the hotel i'm looking at. So on ATD they incorporated the dining plan in on the price but i had to add it in on with Disney and Virgin. Did you get any dining plan and was it add on?

I booked with Orlando Attractions and the price quoted was all inclusive. Give them a try.

The QSDP was free (we’re in a standard room) provided we stayed for 5 nights or more and bought 14 day Disney tickets. This should be the same with all providers but it may be that those who aren’t offering it free don’t have any rooms left included in the dining plan offer (there are only so many). We have now upgraded to DDP, I think it was £17pppn.

loves2plan 19 Sep 19 08:58 AM

As people have said, with free dining it's:
Value = free breakfast (1 QS credit)
Moderate = free QSDP
Deluxe = free DDP

However, the free dining cut off is much earlier next year ion 3rd October (last qualifying check in date), so you won't get it for a November holiday I'm afraid. Normally October and November are included in free dining, but not for 2020. Instead there is a 10% discount offer. So, if you want a dining plan for a November 2020 trip, then you'll need to pay for it. It doesn't matter what people got this year, as the dates for 2020 are different, so OrlandoAmber getting it for her trip in a week's time (September trip) won't mean anything for what you will get next year.

From the Disney website in the T&Cs:
Free Dine Offer is available to book 25 April - 5 November 2019 for selected arrivals and participating resorts 1 January - 29 March 2020 and 19 April - 3 October 2020. Stays are subject to room availability.

10% Disney Resort Hotel discount offer is available to book 25 April – 5 November 2019 for selected arrivals between 4 October – 23 December 2020 staying at participating Disney Resort Hotels. Stays are subject to room availability. Eligibility for the 10% discount offer requires a minimum stay of 1 night, and a maximum of 21 nights at the same participating Disney Resort Hotel. Offer is only available if accommodation is booked at a participating Disney Resort Hotel for the whole party. The number and type of rooms allocated to this offer are limited and subject to availability.

loves2plan 19 Sep 19 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legallyblonde (Post 14080391)
You don’t get the quick service dining plan for free with a value resort - I think it is just a free breakfast (but in reality 1 quick service credit so could use it anywhere/anytime). Moderates offer the free Disney dining plan (selected room types) and deluxe offer the free deluxe dining plan. Hope this helps.

Sorry, but that's not right. It's:
Moderate = free QSDP
Deluxe = free DDP

You don't get the Deluxe dining plan free at any resort.

legallyblonde 19 Sep 19 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 14080534)
Sorry, but that's not right. It's:
Moderate = free QSDP
Deluxe = free DDP

You don't get the Deluxe dining plan free at any resort.

Yep just read my response back and realised it wasn’t right! Sorry for confusion! I typed that too early in the day! Haha