theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Disneyland Paris Shares (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=850365)

LufcDeb 19 Feb 15 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess_chazy (Post 10394786)
I had an email today from Halifax so logged in and there was £30 available to withdraw so I did...I think my shares are still there but I don't know why I'm keeping them as I won't be renewing.

Just replied to you on fb, but I don't understand it. I didn't do anything with my shares in the end, I just kept my original 100 shares. Now there is money in my account and the shares are still showing on the current valuation?

Guest 19 Feb 15 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LufcDeb (Post 10395056)
...but I don't understand it. I didn't do anything with my shares in the end, I just kept my original 100 shares. Now there is money in my account and the shares are still showing on the current valuation?

As part of the recapitalisation, you had the right to buy 9 more shares for every share that you held at close of trading on 16th January. Each of those rights in your case 900) was worth €0.25 EUR.

You had the option of doing the following:
1) Exercising your right to buy more shares up to the maximum of 9 per share already held.
2) Sell on the rights for some or all of those shares to somebody else. This effectively allowed them to purchase the shares instead of you.
3) Do nothing.
Even though you chose option 3 and did nothing, there have been some pro-active brokers who after the deadline passed with them to take up the offer, simply sold on the rights on the open market on your behalf. Therefore the cash you have in your account will be the proceeds from that sale.

Whilst it is good practice, not all brokers did this and therefore not all rights were purchased and/or used. There were in fact a large number of shareholders who simply did nothing, lost the opportunity and TWDC have since bought up their allocation.

Despite all of this, your original 100 shares remain unaffected. Apart from them losing value, you still have 100 shares in EDL which should ensure you can continue to be a Shareholder Club member for some time to come. :thumb:

LufcDeb 20 Feb 15 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiko315 (Post 10395488)
As part of the recapitalisation, you had the right to buy 9 more shares for every share that you held at close of trading on 16th January. Each of those rights in your case 900) was worth €0.25 EUR.

You had the option of doing the following:
1) Exercising your right to buy more shares up to the maximum of 9 per share already held.
2) Sell on the rights for some or all of those shares to somebody else. This effectively allowed them to purchase the shares instead of you.
3) Do nothing.
Even though you chose option 3 and did nothing, there have been some pro-active brokers who after the deadline passed with them to take up the offer, simply sold on the rights on the open market on your behalf. Therefore the cash you have in your account will be the proceeds from that sale.

Whilst it is good practice, not all brokers did this and therefore not all rights were purchased and/or used. There were in fact a large number of shareholders who simply did nothing, lost the opportunity and TWDC have since bought up their allocation.

Despite all of this, your original 100 shares remain unaffected. Apart from them losing value, you still have 100 shares in EDL which should ensure you can continue to be a Shareholder Club member for some time to come. :thumb:

Great! Thanks for clearing that up! I'm not bothered on losing money, I've already saved more than I spent :grin:

Guest 20 Feb 15 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LufcDeb (Post 10397783)
I've already saved more than I spent :grin:

Me too...until this recapitalisation. Now I'm going to have to eat a LOT of muffins in Salon Mickey to make up for it!

Gill H 20 Feb 15 05:09 PM

When we bought our first 20 shares they were 8 Euros each. That'll never happen again, so we'll never make a profit - but it's paid for itself in pins and meals!

Guest 20 Feb 15 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 10397909)
When we bought our first 20 shares they were 8 Euros each. That'll never happen again, so we'll never make a profit - but it's paid for itself in pins and meals!

That must have been a while back, they've not seen that price in quite some time!

I do think that they will increase to more than that in the future, but certainly not for a few years: 2022 would be my guess.

As for pins and meals, that sounds rather similar to our spending habits! lol

Noodle500 20 Feb 15 07:22 PM

I only had 35 shares so didn't take up offer but was credited some money to Halifax account. So I've withdrawn the £50 to exchange for euros for my ds to spend in March / April. Kept the 35 shares so he can still say that the Buzz is the bit we own. (I prefer to say we own the beanstalk )

Guest 17 Mar 15 02:49 PM

Well... I got my shareholders card today, so fingers crossed to all others waiting for one! xxx

A&S&O 17 Mar 15 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja_ang (Post 10464019)
Well... I got my shareholders card today, so fingers crossed to all others waiting for one! xxx

Ours arrived today too - we think they print them in batches.

Last time our pics were really grey and dull. This time we sent them nice bright pictures, and again they've come out grey and dull. Even worse, they haven't even resized them - half our faces are missing!

DIBBadmin 17 Mar 15 07:28 PM

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.