theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   SSR studios now available for May 2019 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1108741)

mikejt26 2 Dec 18 02:49 PM

SSR studios now available for May 2019

We booked ,through Disney direct ,an OKW studio with DDP last June for May 2019. Our perferred resort, SSR,was not available & we opted Okw as we like the freedom of the studio & the near DS Location.
I have been keeping an eye on Disney holidays site hoping the studios at SSR would become available .

They did today, however when I priced it up it was £2400 more expensive than when we booked with the free DDP . I knew Disney would honour the free dining however the roomprice had gone up by £750.

I gave Disney a call & we are now staying at SSR for just the amendment fee of £50 .
A truly magical experience 😁😁😁😁

loves2plan 2 Dec 18 03:13 PM

Disney will give you the price and offer that was on at the time you booked. SSR was discounted during free dining, so they've given you the discounted price :)

mikejt26 2 Dec 18 06:21 PM

It really made our day .We just love SSR because of the location,the pools , the studios with great out outlooks .
Yk

fiona3103 2 Dec 18 06:26 PM

We booked for May too a few weeks ago, it’s the first time in years we’ve done the free dining but it worked out right for us this time as we’ve let our Annual passes lapse and will upgrade the 14 day ultimates in May, probably a dearer way to do it but hey ho.

Grace_1412 3 Dec 18 12:59 PM

just checked and now available for July for us. Not sure whether to stick with OKW and try something new or go with what we like and pick SSR again...

mikejt26 4 Dec 18 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace_1412 (Post 13596324)
just checked and now available for July for us. Not sure whether to stick with OKW and try something new or go with what we like and pick SSR again...

We weighed up why we like SSR & here is the list
Walk to DS.
Boat to the DS.
Love the pools (not to busy).
Last day shower & changing @ the spa.
Balconies with no foliage .
Grandstand for bus stop.
We feel we are home when there.
Short drive to all the supermarkets,outlets
Artist palette suits our needs.

Plus when it came up on the site I couldn’t wait to call & change

YorkshireT 5 Dec 18 08:16 AM

A big plus for OKW at the moment is the very nice room refurb. They’ll be starting the SSR refurbs soon but guessing, I bet it will take best part of 2 years to get them all done. Some should be done by the time you go so fingers crossed. We will learn more at the upcoming DVC annual meeting I suspect.

Grace_1412 5 Dec 18 02:05 PM

The only thing we are unsure on is the OKW pool. The photos look like it is smaller than the springs pool and the second pool nowhere near as good as the paddock

mikejt26 5 Dec 18 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace_1412 (Post 13598098)
The only thing we are unsure on is the OKW pool. The photos look like it is smaller than the springs pool and the second pool nowhere near as good as the paddock

We are in a preferred two bed ,in the springs, this year .
Our balcony looked out in the paddock pool & we were two mins across the bridge . It’s a great pool & the life guards were very friendly to chat to.
We will be looking for grandstand or the paddock next May .

Yip OKW have the refurbs but they also have the foliage & trees in front of the balconies ,& the walk to HH .
That said it OKW gets brilliant reviews . It’s an individual choice change back to SSR 😂

Ridersmom 6 Dec 18 02:06 PM

Having stayed in both, it is OKW hands down for me.