theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   So Is Anyone Actually Going in 2022? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1203346)

jimboxlo 9 Sep 21 11:51 AM

So Is Anyone Actually Going in 2022?

So after having to cancel trips in 2020 & 2021 we've made the decision to not even consider going in 2022 for the following reasons.

We are tired of having expectations of going to Florida and what we want to do only to have them gradually fall apart. Having a basic plan sketched out and then having to build in possible changes to that plan due to the ongoing situation until what you look at what you would settle for and realise that it is so far away from what you were originally intending is not fun.

The whole situation with Disney increased pricing and the erosion of what they are actually offering in and around the parks for more money. That's even before the whole Genie+ situation was introduced (and I'm excluding the $15/person/day charge was introduced) and having the pleasure of getting up at 7am to reserve the first ride of the day, not happening. I'm lucky that my kids are old enough now that they stay in bed so I don't want to be the only one awake for several hours whilst everyone else sleeps. Plus the having to pay again on top (if we choose to, on a given day) to guarentee that we can get on the headline rides without a long wait.

I will add that I am a long time member of several boards (for many years) and I know that no one is quite sure how Genie+ will actually affect things but we did enjoy the old system in booking three rides at times that suited us so we could hit a park for a set period of time and then go and do other things out side of a park.

The park reservation system may still be in place possibly further limiting choices on what parks we could do and at what point in the holiday we do those parks.

Current pricing for next year for our preferred dates is currently around £2,000 over what we had paid previously. In our experience booking at this time of year has historically (for us) been the cheapest time to book.

Then there is the ongoing Covid situation and with Florida being a hotspot that takes even more shine off.

Will they actually allow UK flights in is another question.

So with all the above uncertainty above we don't feel we can book and enjoy the build up like we have previously done. So we're going to wait until later next year and book something in Europe with a trip to Disney in Paris for our fix.

So my question is is any one else out there in the same boat on giving up on 2022?

Mr Andy 9 Sep 21 11:53 AM

Not Disney, but I have Florida booked for 25th January 2022 and will change my (soon to be) cancelled October trip to late April/May time.

I won't be doing Disney until at least 2023.

2littleboys 9 Sep 21 12:02 PM

We have a Florida trip booked for July 2022. Cruising from Miami then a villa in Orlando, certainly no Disney for us this time though and don’t know if we ever will again. Next year we are sticking to Universal and some more relaxed time.

Moorlandman 9 Sep 21 12:05 PM

Nope, not planning on going unless we can source a good deal on Flights and will avoid Disney. Our last two holidays have shown there are other places in the world just as good as central Florida so no need to spend £12k every year for a good time :-)

SteveyJ 9 Sep 21 12:06 PM

We have Sept/Oct booked but it'll probably be our last for a while unless it blows our minds again.

Yorkie2021 9 Sep 21 12:07 PM

As well as still holding out hope for my Pop Century November trip, I’ve also booked POFQ late May 22. Got the full benefits of $850 dining credit, $200 voucher and the gift basket. If the November trip gets cancelled I’ll just move it to November 22.

SamH88 9 Sep 21 12:11 PM

We're booked to go in March to finally, hopefully, get part of our honeymoon, only two years late (thanks covid)

None of the stuff you mentioned bothers us. We have no issue paying $15 a day if we feel we need to but also don't mind queueing, so if we do get to go we will keep an eye on wait times coming up to our trip and if we feel we need genie+ we will get it but if wait times arent crazy we won't bother and will just use standby.

If we did get genie+ we most likely wouldn't get up at 7am to pick rides we would just see what's available throughout the day because I prefer to go with the flow.

The price doesn't really bother me because we don't and won't go to Disney every year or two. And for just accommodation POFQ works out at €294 a night which is less than we would pay at home in Ireland per night for a decent hotel that we would actually want to stay in.

loldis 9 Sep 21 12:13 PM

I had decided several years ago (prob 2016-2017) that I was going to be there for the 50th anniversary so yes, I'm still planning on going next year. Had it not been for that, I probably wouldn't have been looking at a Florida trip anyway.

All the pricing and benefit changes don't really make a difference to me, I'm comfortable with the price I'm paying. It's actually less than I paid in 2019, but I'm also not booking the same level of trip as I have different priorities for this one. So spending more on the hotel isn't as important as it was a few years ago.

aqualiv 9 Sep 21 12:14 PM

Not up to us unfortunately
Will wait and see and then decide

orlandofan 9 Sep 21 12:15 PM

Going in March but not doing Disney just staying on ID and going in November and doing Universal, ID and Disney.