theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Festival tips? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142953)

Loopylooloo 25 Aug 19 12:41 PM

Festival tips?

My youngest son is going to Sundown festival next weekend, his first festival... anyone got any tips I can pass on to him? Am concerned about phone charging etc, am planning to get some wipes for his personal hygiene lol. Anyone got any experience with this stuff?

Megandllsmum 25 Aug 19 12:47 PM

Megs done Leeds Festival a couple of times Louise and she's like me likes her home comforts so stopped in a hotel lol. She took ponchos (cos whilst it's nice this weekend it might not be next weekend... When she went it did lash it down so loads of people were wearing em. A bum bag to keep her essentials in and handy and safe. Dry shampoo and wipes I'd say are good. Footwear something comfy but not his best that's why I think wellies are so popular, the hotel Meg stayed in was that full of festival goers they had a designated area for all the grubby wellies to be left. How longs he there, maybe a power bank for his phone?, hope he has a great time x

Kat11 25 Aug 19 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 14035394)
My youngest son is going to Sundown festival next weekend, his first festival... anyone got any tips I can pass on to him? Am concerned about phone charging etc, am planning to get some wipes for his personal hygiene lol. Anyone got any experience with this stuff?

My dd is at Leeds festival now. She’s having a great time although getting little sleep! He needs snacks/water, wet wipes, deodorant, antibacterial gel and teeth brushing equipment. Plus power banks, dd had 4 and they have now been used up.

The main thing he needs is to look after his money! My dd had her bag stolen on Friday night. She had a bumbag across her front and when she was in a mosh pit it was unclipped or cut off. She didn’t notice as that’s how the thieves work. These people must make a mint because they know people keep the money on them rather than in their tents. So it is very important that he spreads his money out. ie some in tent some in pocket/bag some in back of phone. She had about £110 stolen. We had to get some more to her as it was all she had. Luckily she had her phone in her hand.

He will have a fab time but it is roughing it as the toilets can get grim. 🙈

My dd was at the front at The 1975 stage last night and is seeing Billie Eilish and post malone tonight! She’s a proper music lover. 😃

I think I’ve had the equivalent of 2 nights sleep in the last 4 nights myself... I’m knackered!

Kat

Loopylooloo 25 Aug 19 01:04 PM

Ponchos is a really good tip thanks, he doesnt have wellies and cant imagine he would wear them but will try suggest that...

Have heard of a company called Candy Charge, they are offering power banks for £6 a day at the festival which sounds like a good idea.

Kat11 25 Aug 19 01:07 PM

My dd has sun cream as well as a poncho. I don’t think she needs the poncho but defo the sun cream this weekend!. ☀️ 🥵

Kat

Loopylooloo 25 Aug 19 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat11 (Post 14035453)
My dd has sun cream as well as a poncho. I don’t think she needs the poncho but defo the sun cream this weekend!. ☀️ 🥵

Kat

Thanks, am sorry and shocked about the money thing! Another thing to worry about 😩

Loopylooloo 25 Aug 19 02:08 PM

The website mentions lockers. Might be a really good idea! Am not too worried about his hygiene as I know he wont bother either! :blush:

BnDamo 25 Aug 19 05:40 PM

Top tip never leave anything of value (especially money) in your tent.
There have been a few threads over the last couple of months, this one has some good advice https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...light=Festival

Pjamas 25 Aug 19 06:18 PM

Different tips for sunny festivals vs rainy festivals!

We were at Reading on Friday and we saw some pretty spectacular sun burn particularly on the boys so definitely remind him to use a lot of cream there was hardly any shade and the sun was relentless!

For rainy festivals wellies are essential put some bin liners down each leg so you can put your wellies in them and not muddy the tent or if you need to sit - it’s exhausting at rainy festivals when you can’t sit anywhere so a bin liner comes in very handy!

Use the loos in the arena if you can camp site loos are awful but arena ones are cleaner.

Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint so don’t peak too early and hope he has fun!

SquishTheWhale 25 Aug 19 06:31 PM

Lots of pairs of socks- nothing worse than if it's wet and you have no dry socks to put on!

Also festival food is very expensive so lots of snacks. Hand sanitizer is a must as often no soap or water in the loos after the first day.