theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Universal AP Question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1141975)

Rose89 18 Aug 19 10:01 AM

Universal AP Question

Not sure if anyone will be able to answer but does any one have any experience on whether you get a better deal buying a 14 day ticket then upgrading to an AP once there or buying the AP outright from the beginning off their website? Or is it pretty much the same either way?

fredflintstone 18 Aug 19 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose89 (Post 14022033)
Not sure if anyone will be able to answer but does any one have any experience on whether you get a better deal buying a 14 day ticket then upgrading to an AP once there or buying the AP outright from the beginning off their website? Or is it pretty much the same either way?

As always it depends. When you are going and if you need water parks as well.

The seasonal pass has black out dates. but if these are not an issue for you then the 2 park seasonal pass is cheaper than the UK 14 day pass for 2 and 3 parks, so it would seem silly to buy a more expensive 14 day pass and then upgrade it.

lizzie145 18 Aug 19 06:36 PM

I bought the seasonal one last year as it was cheaper than any other ticket I could find

Shooby doo 18 Aug 19 07:45 PM

All down to FX rate, you would need the £ to improve in between buying & upgrading alternatively it could worsen & you would pay more, buying your AP in advance just locks in the rate on that particular day tbh no advantage either way.
SD:d:

fredflintstone 19 Aug 19 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooby doo (Post 14023156)
All down to FX rate, you would need the £ to improve in between buying & upgrading alternatively it could worsen & you would pay more, buying your AP in advance just locks in the rate on that particular day tbh no advantage either way.

But who says you have to buy it early you can wait to whenever you decide is your time to buy and then decide. Same as buying UK tickets early it stops you taking advantage of other deals that may come along, but early buying protects people from Universal price rises (Personally I never buy early unless a good offer is on).

Yes the exchange rate does come into it and always needs to be taken into account, but the £1 would need to drop to $1 for the 2-park seasonal pass to lose the advantage at the moment :omg: If that happened the UK sellers would probably all reprice higher anyway and even worse the holiday would be a lot more expensive with the fall in the £. Of course if the £ goes up, its even a nicer option.

Shooby doo 20 Aug 19 10:01 AM

Fred I'm confused :confused2:blush:
But who says you have to buy it early you can wait to whenever you decide is your time to buy and then decide. Same as buying UK tickets early it stops you taking advantage of other deals that may come along, but early buying protects people from Universal price rises
As I never said buy early:pgig: The "Upgrade" Question get's asked 100's of times every week, there is no advantage to be had as the upgrade is always the same - The current cost of the AP - what they think your pass is worth(Generally the wholesale rate x the FX rate) so only 2 variables: On current pricing I'd estimate UK 3 park - 3 Park preferred (the first level with free parking) approx $250 so unless they increase/decrease the price the only other variable is the FX rate