theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   ***COMPLETE*** August 2016: An Impromptu Adventure (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1022939)

Niki T 11 May 17 08:48 PM

***COMPLETE*** August 2016: An Impromptu Adventure

Hi All,

Well, 9 months since our trip and our report is pretty much ready to go. Just as a brief introduction (there is a more detailed one in our pre-trippie) the cast are:

John (35) chief planner and fabulous husband. 11th trip to Florida after I suggested we visit the magic back in 2002. Since then he's fallen in love with the place and we are now proud DVC owners at BLT after buying in in 2009.

Me, Niki, (32) It's my 15th trip to Florida and the memories and magic it holds makes it an addiction.

It really is our happy place and this year we have really needed some Disney medicine, hence our impromptu adventure to the house of mouse and world of wizards.

Hope you enjoy reading...

Pre-Trippie: an introduction and overview
Pre-Travel Day: A night at the Clayton
Travel Day and a Night at the Grand Floridian
Day 1 Universal: RPR Food at Bubba Gumps, Three Broomsticks and Hotdog Hall of Fame
Day 2: Universal Fun, Food at Anojitos, Café 4
Day 3 More Universal, Food at Lombards (Cinematic Experience) and snacks
Day 4 last one at Universal, move to AKL; eating at Louie's, cold Stone Creamery and Mara
Day 5 HS Brown Derby Fantasmic Package, slushes and bite sandwich
Day 6 AK Food at Tusker House and not much else as we were stuffed!
Day 7 Epcot eating at Teppan Edo and snacking around the world
Day 8 MK BOG
Day 9: Epcot, DS (Blaze and Coke Terrace) and HS
Day 10: MK eating pretty much everywhere!
Day 11: AK cocktails and carbs (Sanaa bread service)
Day 12 HS and Fantasia Golf
Day 13: AK, DS (Blaze) and HS Star Wars Desserts
Day 14: Epcot and snacking around the world
Day 15 AK, Sanaa and rain halts play
Day 16: on borrowed time at HS and MK, move to BLT
Day 17: MK and MNSSHP
Day 18: MK and going home :cry:

MinnieMrsA 14 May 17 01:38 PM

Reading along - this is great! Do you teach English? Xx

Niki T 14 May 17 07:29 PM

I do, although I'm sure there's a few typos and grammatical errors slipping through as I'm not proof reading very well 😆 x

MinnieMrsA 14 May 17 07:31 PM

Haha I also teach English and thought the same about myself lol...and how critical my students would be of my writing 😂 xx

Niki T 14 May 17 07:45 PM

I say to mine no one is perfect, but try to get as close as you can it 😆 Mine would be really critical, but we play 'beat the teacher' and they have to spot the "purposeful" I make, so I teach them to be critical, they get rewards for it 😂

MinnieMrsA 14 May 17 07:49 PM

Same here! I teach the weakest sets only so they love it. Only 1 week til the first Lit exam 😢 x

pinktraceb 23 May 17 10:14 AM

Thanks so much for sharing, I've really enjoyed your trip report.

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you and hope that you become parents soon xxx

Niki T 23 May 17 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinktraceb (Post 12547811)
Thanks so much for sharing, I've really enjoyed your trip report.

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you and hope that you become parents soon xxx

Thanks for reading :wavey:, I, too, hope we don't have to wait too much longer for our rainbow x

Vikkicat 30 May 17 02:31 PM

thank you for sharing your holiday! i really have my fingers and toes crossed for you both - wanting a baby and not getting it is just horrible, we had a bumpy start to our family too, just not quite as bumpy as yours.

looks like we will be at WDW about the same time...:)

Niki T 31 May 17 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikkicat (Post 12564275)
thank you for sharing your holiday! i really have my fingers and toes crossed for you both - wanting a baby and not getting it is just horrible, we had a bumpy start to our family too, just not quite as bumpy as yours.

looks like we will be at WDW about the same time...:)

Thank you, I'm glad you have reached the end of your bumpy road, you just think having a baby is a given, but when it doesn't happen it takes up your life.

Look out for us and say hi if you see us, it'd be great to meet other dibbers. We're at portofino bay for the first 5 nights then moving over to Saratoga for last 13...can't wait. We booked late this year and it was the only one left for our whole stay. AKL is lovely, are you in Jambo or Kidani :D x