theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Have Child, Will Still Travel... to Japan! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1096044)

Caroian 21 Aug 18 03:54 PM

Have Child, Will Still Travel... to Japan!

We did a 19 day trip to Japan from Friday 30th March to Wednesday 18th April 2018 taking in Tokyo, Tokyo Disney, Kyoto and Osaka.

The title of the trip report comes from the reaction so many people seemed to have when we said we were going to Japan with a six year old. It seems many people think it's a daft idea to travel with a child, but it certainly doesn't stop us!

You can read more in the Introduction...

Introduction, Background and Pre-Travel
Day 1/2 - Travel to Tokyo
Day 3 – Tokyo Greeter, Fukagawa Fudo-do Temple, Sakura, Science Museum and Imperial Palace Gardens
Day 4 - Studio Ghibli Museum at Mitaka and Shibuya Crossing
Coming up... Day 5 - Tokyo Metro Museum, Kabuki-za, Tokyo Sky Tree and Senso-Ji

sallybunny 22 Aug 18 11:31 AM

Thanks for writing this trippie! I travel a lot on my own with two small boys (8&5 now) and people say I'm either mad or brave. To us it's just another holiday as we've done it so many times and I have the boys well trained in what happens.

Please try and finish it all as Japan is on the list after Norway and California! Tokyo 2021!

Caroian 24 Aug 18 08:21 PM

I guess for people who don't do it, it does seem mad, but I don't see why exploring the world should stop because you have children. If I'm honest, I love being able to share stuff with our son whilst he's is so enthralled with it all!

I really do hope to get the report finished - another day has just gone up!

NatalieG 2 Sep 18 09:07 AM

Loving this report :) we have a little boy (currently 4 months old!) but we have lots of plans for travelling in the future including China and Japan. I think it’s fantastic that we can give our children the amazing experiences that come with travelling and experiencing new cultures! Can’t wait until day 4! X

Caroian 2 Sep 18 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatalieG (Post 13464122)
Loving this report :) we have a little boy (currently 4 months old!) but we have lots of plans for travelling in the future including China and Japan. I think it’s fantastic that we can give our children the amazing experiences that come with travelling and experiencing new cultures! Can’t wait until day 4! X

Thank you! Travelling with children really does add an extra level for the adults too!

Day 4 is up now :grin:

ribena 11 Sep 18 12:35 PM

Really looking forward to reading this one. Japan is always somewhere I have wanted to visit Kyoto and to see the Disney there too.

Heli 13 Sep 18 06:17 PM

Really loving your report! Making me desperate to go to Japan :)

ashc13 23 Sep 18 11:56 AM

Looking forward to reading your trip report! Japan is also on our list, flight a bit long with our youngest at the moment!

We really enjoy european city breaks? Which have been your favourites?

Pieces 28 Nov 18 10:03 PM

Love your report! Do you plan on putting more up? Hoping so 😊

Gill H 11 Feb 20 08:39 AM

Add me to the pleas for more! I know this was a while ago now but any reports - however brief - would be lovely.