theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Cancelled 2020 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180552)

colin39 21 Sep 20 07:38 PM

Cancelled 2020

I should have been in the air since 15.20 today, i thought i was fine about the cancelled holiday, but i have been short with people all day, miserable and angry. Im so down today and so is Chel, we know its for the best but we are gutted.
Sorry just wanted to moan. 😭😪😭😪

Gull 21 Sep 20 07:57 PM

I’m sure I’m going to feel the same in October, especially if there’s restrictions in place and I can’t even get down to see mum and dad in the school holidays, never mind out to Portugal that I’d booked to replace Orlando 😢😢

DavieBhoy 21 Sep 20 08:10 PM

Know exactly how you feel - our family should have flown out last Wed and we are all so hacked off - so many cancelled trips for everyone but when it’s your own it’s really hard.

Tracy

cornishfrogboy 21 Sep 20 08:42 PM

We have had this twice now, in March then in August. We also had cancellations off the Iceland Volcano and also the Sinai Desert plane bomb.. On each occasion, I found myself thinking of what I should have been doing on my vacation at that moment in time (even taking into account the minus 8 hours in my thinking on these last two).

I did feel a little better with this Sept 3 when it came and I realised I would be on the red eye journey from LHR to Falmouth. I felt a lot better as I booked my August 2021 vacation over the past few days Whilst sitting in the brand new dining room conversion of one of my garages, the new one is all paid up front and with free cancellation (worried about exchange rates after Brexit) and in the knowledge that I also have $4000 spends stashed away.

I guess it’s important to take the positives out of what has been generally a c rap year and that for many (unemployment), may get a whole lot worse before Christmas.

I am still here, still healthy and still plotting and scheming for my next one. I am lucky.

TheHughesCrew 21 Sep 20 08:59 PM

We treated ourselves to a fabulous meal out on our cancelled travel day. I was surprisingly fed up actually. Moan away, it's pants x

Sandra & co 21 Sep 20 09:06 PM

Life sucks and next year has to be better! :cry:

scooby99 21 Sep 20 09:10 PM

We’ve now had this 3 times in 2020; California at Easter & Florida in May & September.
Sure that Christmas 2020 in Florida won’t happen either.
Really hoping but not certain that Easter 2021 in California & May 2021 in Florida will happen.
But we know we’re very fortunate & the decision is out of our hands 😟

Whitequeen 21 Sep 20 09:27 PM

I know how you feel. We were supposed to be off to California on Thursday. I'm so miserable it's painful. :cry: I have to wait another year to go. :(
I know! It could have been worse! :blush:

FlorayG 22 Sep 20 08:02 AM

Thursday flight day for me.
I'm wondering what I should do to cheer myself up that day

meggy 22 Sep 20 08:18 AM

Rotton isn't it. So much cancelled this year. I am not quite there yet but am sure to be sulking beginning November. It's hard enough as I keep getting messages flash up reminding me to book fast pass, do itinerary and so on.