theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Health update... not Hodgkin’s lymphoma a little worse.. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1183809)

Tinkerbell 20 Nov 20 02:37 PM

Health update... not Hodgkin’s lymphoma a little worse..

Dear all.
I am posting this to explain my current health situation. I have cancer, it’s is called CUP.. carcinoma of unknown primary. This means my cancer is hiding somewhere and can not be seen ( I’ve called him SP.. scarlet pimpernel) I have had a secondary cancer in one of my clavicular lymph nodes which turned out to be squamous cell carcinoma. That has been removed completely, but unfortunately because we/they don’t know where it started (SP) it’s very hard to treat. On Tuesday next week I start chemotherapy probably 3/4 cycles. I cannot be cured of this cancer until a primary is found but it can certainly be delayed, and my Drs are optimistic that we can so this. I say we, because this is a team effort the Drs the Nurses my husband and my daughters. I will update when I can, so fingers crossed... and let’s hope . Please do not Dr Google this condition otherwise you’ll have me in the ground within a month! Take care. T

PS any tips on coping with chemo gratefully received

janeywaney 20 Nov 20 02:41 PM

Aw I’m sorry to hear your latest update 😕 sending you so much love and support.

When my mum had Chemo she found that she lost her sense of taste, we covered everything in chilli so she could taste something! She also said that the texture of food was different and felt like cotton wool in her mouth.

All your Dibb family are here rooting for you

Jane xxxx

lexie32 20 Nov 20 02:42 PM

I’m so sorry to read this, will keep 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 they find the primary source soon and you manage to fight this horrible disease xx

DISNEYLIZ 20 Nov 20 02:44 PM

I am so sorry to hear your update. Hope they locate the primary cancer. Sending you a massive hug.

Tinks2014 20 Nov 20 02:46 PM

I really don’t know what to say apart from I wouldn’t google . I just wanted to say that us on the dibb are here too. I really do wish you all the best and have everything crossed for you..

EssexSue 20 Nov 20 02:51 PM

So sorry to read this Tink, but we know what a fighter you are.
Always here for you xx

maidmarian 20 Nov 20 02:53 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this hunny.
I do hope they find the primary cancer soon and that you get sorted quickly.
Thinking of you and know that we are here for you whenever you need us. 😘Xx

levtweeney 20 Nov 20 02:56 PM

No googling here, eh that sounds a little rude hahaha 😝 hope they find the Scarlet Pimpernel for you and give it a right kick in the unmentionables.

Take care you brave ≈≈≈≈≈≈. Love from the Dibbs 😍

Edit: Eh, that was not a swear word... or was it :d:

nadya 20 Nov 20 02:58 PM

So sorry to hear that,my mum found with her chemo that ice lollies were good to help with nausea and stopped her from dehydrating, and she also had boiled sweets in various strong flavours as her sense of taste/texture was different.Hope the chemo goes as well as these things can.

PoohBears#1fan 20 Nov 20 02:59 PM

So sorry it's not better news and wishing lots of strength kicking it's a*se. x