theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   San Fran hotels (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133578)

Buzz242 18 Jun 19 07:22 PM

We've stayed at Pier 2620 a couple of times at Fishermans Wharf, it's really central and would definitely recommend however I'm not sure what their rates are like for your dates. I think it's been taken over since we last went and its part of the Marriot group, if you sign up to the Marriot Bonvoy scheme you may get a cheaper deal.

jdouds 19 Jun 19 05:28 PM

Hi have you considered airbnb or home away. We stayed in a great apartment on chestnut st.

ClaireNJ 19 Jun 19 08:26 PM

What about a package we’ve gone with BA & when I’ve checked hotel prices separately we’ve made a big saving;)

Amion68 19 Jun 19 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ (Post 13910916)
What about a package we’ve gone with BA & when I’ve checked hotel prices separately we’ve made a big saving;)

I was wondering that. Will BA let you book return flights and a hotel for part of the trip?

I love walmart 19 Jun 19 10:28 PM

We found the Hotel Sol to be really well priced last year. It is the same area as the Columbus motor inn. They did a nice free breakfast every morning. Juice, pastries etc in the lobby. There’s no dining room but you just fill a tray and take it back to the room.

trampslikeus 20 Jun 19 07:32 AM

We stayed at Castle Inn on Broadway in Russian Hill area. Nothing fancy but clean, secure with free parking, breakfast and WiFi, and good location for transport links.They do reduced price tickets on big bus hop on/off bus tours, $45 ( reg $55). A one day pass for public transport is $5 on Muni mobile app,or $12 inc cable cars.

Amion68 23 Jun 19 06:41 AM

Thanks all for your help and feedback. I managed to bag 3 nights at the Columbus Motor Inn on a free cancellation deal with booking.com 😎

pompeyboy 23 Jun 19 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amion68 (Post 13911009)
I was wondering that. Will BA let you book return flights and a hotel for part of the trip?

I see you have sorted your room for SF but for future reference BA are very flexible for extras like car hire and hotel bookings. If you book flight and hotel and/or car hire it becomes a package so you only pay a deposit on booking even if you only book 1 days hotel/car, which can be at anytime during the holiday, even at a UK airport hotel before you leave.

We flew into SF and out of LA and picked the car up when we left SF and it worked out cheaper than just booking flights with them, doon't know how it works but it did!

JoS 23 Jun 19 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amion68 (Post 13916607)
Thanks all for your help and feedback. I managed to bag 3 nights at the Columbus Motor Inn on a free cancellation deal with booking.com 😎

We have stayed at Columbus and liked it. Basic clean rooms, maybe 6/7 mins walk to wharf. Nice friendly staff and the bus stops right outside. Would stay there again.

motherofthree 28 Jun 19 09:59 PM

We have booked The Dylan hotel at SFO. It cost about £200 per night for a room with two double beds in August this year. It has very good reviews on Tripadvisor. We are planning to take the BART train in to San Fransisco every day. All the hotels we looked at in the city centre were beyond our budget and we didn't want to stay in a hostel.