theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Not Impressed with Vegas (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1106685)

Gryff 10 Nov 18 05:26 AM

Not Impressed with Vegas

We arrived Wednesday morning now I know everybody is different but it stinks of bad weed everywhere homeless folk on every corner but so far they have been polite guys with T-shirts and cards advertising girls to your room and over priced
Mediocre food and tips suggestions up to 22%
Worst of all I'm gutte for DH and our son and DIL to be ( they get married tomorrow they picked Vegas as they knew I'd never go other wise and DH and DS have always

fancied it
Started off really bad their room in the Belligio was fiththy and stank of pot and cigarettes we did get them moved
Our suite in the signature grand is huge and lovely compared to,their room
DH did enjoy Santana and todaybwe did the Grand
Canyon amazing
We've all agreed been there no need to return but
DH brother and wife are here too their 4th visit and they love it
If Gordon's Ramsey's Resturant doesn't shape up tomorrow for there wedding meal believe me he will hear about it
Just not us I guess

YorkshireT 10 Nov 18 06:00 AM

I totally agree. Been twice, the first time was before many of the hotels now there were built and it was actually quite enjoyable then. Then it got bigger and more smut moved in, prices went up, in my view went downhill.
And a days drive from there you can be in some of the most majestic scenery in the world, including places like Grand Canyon South Rim, Sedona, and Utah including Zion National Park.
Vegas is not for me, and I’d only ever go back on either a work convention, or as a fly in and fly out place.
Try Red Rock State Park short drive out, nice there.

llamala 10 Nov 18 08:00 AM

We enjoyed a trip to Hoover Dam, and also Freeman st for the light show.

Pussycat Doll 10 Nov 18 08:06 AM

Ahh that’s a shame Helen, we totally love it! I do think it’s an acquired taste though! We love the Signature so I’m glad you like your suite there, it’s a lovely hotel. Have a lovely day at the wedding. X

Blue nose 10 Nov 18 08:41 AM

This has got me worried. We go in April for DH birthday with friends. They all love it and been multiple time.

I've been once about 15 years ago and feel I've done it and don't need to repeat it.

I hope it's not as bad as what I'm now imaging 😰

I hope the wedding goes well and let me know about Ramsey's - we're looking for somewhere special for s birthday meal.

Puddle5 10 Nov 18 08:50 AM

Another one slightly worried! We are staying at the Bellagio as well!
Only three nights though for DH to see Celine Dion and then onward for six more nights in the National parks.

DS went last month for work conference and he said it was 'an experience' but I think he enjoyed his stay.

Oh well I suppose we only actually have two days there!

Sue 10 Nov 18 09:19 AM

For those who are worried, I would say just take it as it is. Personally I cannot stand the place but if you are going for a specific event like a wedding or a concert and not staying for long - even I could tolerate it!
I really love Cirque and would go to Vegas just to see their shows and spend my days at the hotel pool lol

Blue nose 10 Nov 18 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 13571583)
For those who are worried, I would say just take it as it is. Personally I cannot stand the place but if you are going for a specific event like a wedding or a concert and not staying for long - even I could tolerate it!
I really love Cirque and would go to Vegas just to see their shows and spend my days at the hotel pool lol

Which Cirque would you recommend? I think there's a couple. I want to do stuff when there as I don't drink or gamble or shop 😀 Other couple just see price off stuff and say no ,😥

I'm going to have to convince DH that I need to do something even without them. We've got four days in early April so not expecting a lot of pool time. Going to be a long 4 days ☹️

Bootrip2 10 Nov 18 09:33 AM

I hope the wedding goes well. Sorry to hear of your problems though🙁

We went about 12 years ago, we enjoyed it, but wouldnt go back now. We did visit most of the hotels etc and DH loved the Star Trek thing, i think that closed a few years ago though. We did Grand Canyon and loved Red Rock Canyon, we did horse ride there.

mouli1 10 Nov 18 09:43 AM

Been once always wanted too but have no need to go again. Best thing was Hoover dam and drive from la. The landscape was amazing