theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Driving Route & Stops (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131681)

Shpadoinkleday 5 Jun 19 07:10 AM

Driving Route & Stops

Hi all. We have just booked a week at Davy Crockett Ranch in July and as it is our first time driving to DLP, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places we could stop and if a certain route is generally better than another?

I have a 4yr old and my newborn will be nearly 2 months when we go so will probably need to stop a few times for toilet/nappy breaks and feeding.

Does anyone know of any good picnic areas or services that would be suitable? My 4yr old has a tendency to say no when asked if he needs the toilet and then as soon as we pass the services, suddenly needs to go! Don't want this to happen and then find its another 50 miles to the next stop!

Thanks. X

Dr.JumbaJookiba 5 Jun 19 07:50 PM

This page might help, it's a few years since I did the drive but there are plenty of rest stops varying from picnic areas, garages with small shops to full service areas with fast food and sit down restaurants. Signs usually tell you what the next two or three on the route offer and how far they are away.

Asssuming you are on the ferry or Eurotunel:-

Follow signs for the A26 to Arras/Paris and then the A1 heading South toward Paris. Take exit 6 after Charles de Gaulle airport, onto the A104 which then takes you across to meet the A4, where you head North/East for Disneyland Paris.

Guest 6 Jun 19 02:50 PM

There are plenty of stops on the motorways from Calais to DLP, stick to the 'proper' services as opposed to the ones that are just picnic stops as the facilities are much better.

Services in France tend to be much better than in the UK, they will almost always have a picnic area and play area for the kids to let off steam for a while.

Elodie 7 Jun 19 07:51 PM

We’ve always driven to DLP, and as above, there are plenty of stops. They really do seem to pop up every few minutes, so you’ll have no problems finding somewhere to stop at short notice. Some of the toilets are very basic, but will do in an emergency. If it’s nice weather and we have food with us, we’ll happily just stop at these and eat at a picnic bench. If we need better facilities, we check for the full services and stop at these.

bernard301 8 Jun 19 06:25 AM

As most others have said there are loads of rest areas, I can't think of a time on french autoroutes when there hasn't been one less than 20 minutes drive. Just make sure you stop before Paris as you could get caught up in traffic on the peripherique where there's nowhere to stop

Shpadoinkleday 8 Jun 19 08:40 AM

Thank you all for your replies. Feeling a lot better about driving over there now!

Raggyavn 17 Jun 19 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernard301 (Post 13890552)
As most others have said there are loads of rest areas, I can't think of a time on french autoroutes when there hasn't been one less than 20 minutes drive. Just make sure you stop before Paris as you could get caught up in traffic on the peripherique where there's nowhere to stop

I would suggest following the route suggested by Dr.JumbaJookiba rather that going anywhere near the Bvld Périphérique

bernard301 17 Jun 19 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raggyavn (Post 13906439)
I would suggest following the route suggested by Dr.JumbaJookiba rather that going anywhere near the Bvld Périphérique

The RN between the two autoroutes is referred to as a Peripherique, or at least was the last time I used it

Raggyavn 20 Jun 19 01:37 PM

The Boulevard Périphérique is a named road on the outskirts of Paris (a bit like the M25) and it can be used to get from the A1 to the A4, however it is deemed by many to be absolutely bonkers. The A104 which is the exit straight after the Charles de Gaulle Airport tunnel on the A1 is a quicker way of getting from the A1 to the A4.