theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   How do you use your DDP... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142228)

tink111 19 Aug 19 08:14 PM

How do you use your DDP...

Hi everyone ...

We are staying with DDP onsite for 6 days next year!
How do people use there Disney dining plan on a day to day basis?
For example one day in each park, what would you do for 1 QS and 1 TS in each?
Would you eat in your hotel or Disney springs or stay in the park for the whole day...

Any suggestions and ideas would be great😊

caitlinsmummy 19 Aug 19 08:27 PM

We had 2 weeks on the DDP last year. We planned some 2TS meals which meant that some days we didn't have any TS credits, but it worked out well as it did become a bit regimented having to be at a certain place at a certain time.

We had food in the parks and food in Disney Springs. I did research before I went and knew the places we wanted to try so planned things around them. The first few days I think we tried to have an early breakfast spend the morning in the park, afternoon at the pool and evening pop to Disney Springs for food. Sometimes we ended up at the food court for sheer easiness but that was nice enough too.

My advice would be to take a look at the different restaurants and see which you'd like to try xx

fleurbie 19 Aug 19 09:18 PM

We like to book our must do"s TS which can be either an old favourite or a new one but normally the ones we'd be dispointed if we couldn't get a table.
Then some days we wil have snack for breakfast and lunch or dinner a TS, or TS breakfast and qs for dinner, we find its too much food to have 3 meals a day so we might do a day of 2 QS, I also have the frame of mind have what you want so if I'm using a SC for a drink that's fine too.
We like F&W and again we will just do that for dinner 😆

Guest 20 Aug 19 07:47 AM

We were only in Disney for five days last time and upgraded to deluxe dining plan. I think this or no plan suits us better as both are less restrictive than the regular dining plan.

By this I mean we can choose to have what we want from the menu (e.g. starters and then we would not bother with dessert as we aren’t bothered about desserts) and also we don’t have to count up QS vs TS venues and just go where we want.

We don’t go to a lot of QS places as I find a lot of them very crowded, when we have had DDP before we might go to a few QS venues but more often we use the QS credits to get something to go in the resort market place, e.g a breakfast platter.

We mix up where we use the TS credits. I always like to try out the restaurants in the hotel I am staying at, so last trip whilst at the Yacht Club we went to each of Beaches & Cream, Ale & Compass, Yachtsman and Cape May. However we also had a meal in Disney Springs, another in each of AK and MK and one night we dined on the Boardwalk.

scoobydooby 20 Aug 19 08:17 AM

I think people have differing plans of attack based on their priorities. I plan our park touring plans first and then we work in TS around that. It’s clear lots of people plan a trip around their TS meals. We do a mixture of in park and hotel/ Disney Springs meals. If we have a longer park day planned (rope drop to about 3pm) we will tend to sit down for a TS lunch as it will be nice and cool and relaxed so gives us a nice break. On none park evenings we will go to favourite none park TS places at hotels. On a Disney Springs trip we can find so many TS and QS options it’s difficult to choose! Its worth researching your QS options as much as your TS so you don’t panic eat at the nearest place as there is a lot of choice but some of it needs hunting down a bit.

tink111 20 Aug 19 08:32 AM

Thanks everyone.. it seems hard to not plan your day around food on the dining plan😂 Has anyone got any specific recommended restaurants ?

Guest 20 Aug 19 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink111 (Post 14025662)
Thanks everyone.. it seems hard to not plan your day around food on the dining plan😂 Has anyone got any specific recommended restaurants ?

No it isn't hard. I have honestly never felt like I plan my day around the dining plan, and nor would I, even though I generally have reservations. I decide what activities I will be doing each day and then find it very easy to slip the ADRs in around the activities.

Only if I have a very hard to get ADR would I need to prioritise going to that above an activity, otherwise all ADRs are flexible and can be moved. Even with a hard to get ADR it would still have been booked at a time based on my expected activities e.g. pre park opening BOG is hard to get but I will book it because I have already decided that I would like to go to MK that morning. I wouldn't go to MK because I have a BOG reservation IKSWIM.

Specific restaurant recommendations are very hard, there are hundreds of restaurants to choose from and we all like different things. As a non specific recommendation, we like to do one of the character meals quite early on, say first morning, to get into the swing of things and get some nice photos. I think Tusker House has been my favourite character meal so far, but I have still got a few left to try.

THOscar 20 Aug 19 09:23 AM

We book our restaurants first but never had a problem planning the days. If we have a reservation for 7pm then we can do whatever during the day. We eat all over Disney so if we want to go to a park at night we can do. We're not the sort to spend 10 hours in a park though so maybe that's why we make that way work.

disney332 20 Aug 19 09:52 AM

The DDP is absolutely more prescriptive and regimented than the QSDP.

Dont get me wrong, the restaurants have fantastic qualities and some are amazing, and having been there and done that, coupled with a general dibb consensus that food quality is falling, i am happy to eat QS meals, when i want, where i want, or not at all if i dont feel like it.

Disney332

Shooby doo 20 Aug 19 10:07 AM

It depends, on a park day we would definitely eat our QS whilst in but we would only eat in the park for TS if it was somewhere we really wanted. On a MK day for instance, we would be more likely to make a later ADR for one of the MK resorts, Ep around the World -Japan normally, AK - Tusker or one of the Hotel ones & HS anywhere that's not the Studios!:pgig:
SD:d: