theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Float pod (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142766)

7beebee 23 Aug 19 09:25 PM

Float pod

I was wondering if anybody had used one?
I get weird sensations/pains down my left leg and facial pain and wondered if this would help me relax. (I’ve had an MRI and wasn’t diagnosed with anything, I’ve also checked that I can use the pod if I should choose to.)
What are your experiences?

DizzyDisneyMum 24 Aug 19 11:17 PM

I've always fancied trying a flotation tank. I wonder if I would get claustrophobic though. I have found somewhere with good reviews in Hove (Not sure which part of the country you are in), just need to build up the courage to try it 😁

Gryff 24 Aug 19 11:33 PM

I have and do love it
I’ve fibromyalgia and it’s much more beneficial than massage etc they other for me is a hot stone bed but flotation is my no 1 choice

Guest 25 Aug 19 06:25 AM

I tried it once, for no particular reason other than somebody told me they were a nice experience. I really hated it, felt claustrophobic and would say bordering on a panic attack - which is very out of character for me. Never again for me.

WhereIBelong 25 Aug 19 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 14034888)
I tried it once, for no particular reason other than somebody told me they were a nice experience. I really hated it, felt claustrophobic and would say bordering on a panic attack - which is very out of character for me. Never again for me.

had exactly the same experience, felt a bit panicked, never again for me either.

7beebee 25 Aug 19 04:42 PM

I understand the feeling of claustrophobia, I guess it makes sense as you close the lid and are in darkness and in water. I suppose the only way to find out if I’ll be okay or not is to just go for it.
Weirdly enough I never really thought about the claustrophobia though, I was more thinking whether it would help with pain etc, now I’m worrying about having a right panic 😂 I’m sure I’ll be okay, I think I’m allowed the lid open if I feel the need to. Thank you all for your replies.

Guest 25 Aug 19 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7beebee (Post 14035776)
I understand the feeling of claustrophobia, I guess it makes sense as you close the lid and are in darkness and in water. I suppose the only way to find out if I’ll be okay or not is to just go for it.
Weirdly enough I never really thought about the claustrophobia though, I was more thinking whether it would help with pain etc, now I’m worrying about having a right panic 😂 I’m sure I’ll be okay, I think I’m allowed the lid open if I feel the need to. Thank you all for your replies.

Have you read that it can help with pain? I did not ever see that, I just thought it was a different type of spa treatment, never saw any reference to pain management:(