theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Orlando and New York Flight Advice (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142868)

Rac20 24 Aug 19 06:11 PM

Orlando and New York Flight Advice

When we go next year, we are hoping to add a few days on at the beginning. For those of you that have done this, did you book:
A) U.K to New York return then internal flights to Orlando and back.

B) U.K to Orlando and internal return flights to New York.

C) U.K to New York, New York to Orlando, Orlando to U.K. (All booked as a multi city option)

D) Something else?

How much am I looking at for internal flights from New York? It would be late July next year.

I’m really just being impatient as in a few weeks, I’ll be able to start tracking prices!😬
I’ve tried on BA multi city option and it says there are no flights between New York/Orlando so wondered if I’m too early yet even though the flights to and from the USA are now showing for the dates I need.

Just wanting Dibbers’s experiences etc.

Thanks all
X

Erwego 24 Aug 19 06:46 PM

We booked multi-city through Expedia, straightforward and no issues. We flew United. We did Dublin ( we live in Ireland ) - New York. Stayed a few days then flew to Orlando.

Great holiday

galaxyflorida 24 Aug 19 06:51 PM

It's up to you. We just did a NYC and Toronto holiday and booked it as a multi city through Virgin. We did it as UK to NYC, NYC to Toronto, Toronto to NYC then to UK as Virgin don't fly to Canada. In your situation I'd recommend doing the UK to New York, New York to Orlando, Orlando to UK (or the other way around) as Virgin offer both routes. You should be able to book July flights now.

Rac20 24 Aug 19 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida (Post 14034280)
It's up to you. We just did a NYC and Toronto holiday and booked it as a multi city through Virgin. We did it as UK to NYC, NYC to Toronto, Toronto to NYC then to UK as Virgin don't fly to Canada. In your situation I'd recommend doing the UK to New York, New York to Orlando, Orlando to UK (or the other way around) as Virgin offer both routes. You should be able to book July flights now.

We are staying for over 3 weeks so the return flights are not available just yet.😬

Thanks

tspill 24 Aug 19 07:16 PM

We have done this a few times.
Multi city to NYC and home from Orlando.
Book NYC to Orlando separately as you have more options and will likely be cheaper (at least we have always found it much cheaper - stopping in any city - not just NYC.

Rac20 24 Aug 19 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tspill (Post 14034323)
We have done this a few times.
Multi city to NYC and home from Orlando.
Book NYC to Orlando separately as you have more options and will likely be cheaper (at least we have always found it much cheaper - stopping in any city - not just NYC.

Thanks.
I’ll play around with options.

Any airline you recommend for the internal flights?

tspill 24 Aug 19 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 14034331)
Thanks.
I’ll play around with options.

Any airline you recommend for the internal flights?

we just use whoever comes out cheapest for the flight time we want.

Try all the usual suspects - delta, united etc. but also the likes of Jet Blue.

Mumtotwo 24 Aug 19 07:32 PM

Multicity from London to NYC and then from Orlando to London. Then we looked at fiights from NYC to Orlando. Worth looking at the different airports in NY as flights for us were cheaper from La Guardia than JFK.

Guest 24 Aug 19 07:49 PM

D) customise your trip with BA.

UK to NYC
MCO back to UK (indirect to bring prices down)
Hotel in New york
Orlando car.

Bought dibb villa separately

NYC to MCO internal flight on separate booking with JetBlue (jet blue plus for hold bag) book on release day and really pretty good value. Think last ones were 58 USD each one way.

Doing it this way you use the cheaper business orientated flights to the us and back and cheaper internal flights.

Guest 24 Aug 19 08:04 PM

We went (very last minute) to Washington DC by flying Virgin to Orlando, then getting internal return flights with United. It worked out well. We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Orlando Airport and would recommend it. They pick you up and drop you off at the airport and it’s a reasonable hotel.