theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Villa quote - and only on one site - should i be concerned (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142210)

MariaLynda 19 Aug 19 06:39 PM

Villa quote - and only on one site - should i be concerned

Hi

Just going through the process of trying to find a villa for next year (again, long story).

I've had a quote via vr360 for a villa on highlands reserve and it is a great price, possibly cheap compared to some. I'm a tad concerned that she only has 2 reviews, both of these old, 2015 and 2013, and she doesn't appear to be listed on any other villa websites. I have searched hard and asked her. Says she only uses the 1... my alarms are ringing... :| sad because i quite like the villa and the quote is great.

x

JudyC 19 Aug 19 06:41 PM

If the quote is great then yes I'd be a bit concerned that it's too good to be true. I'd want more recent reviews at least

MariaLynda 19 Aug 19 06:50 PM

Well its great in that its the same as what i was going to be paying for a villa i found on High Grove that unfortunately got booked over my dates by the MC... and given the exchange rate etc its on the cheaper side of others. Feel a tad awkward asking her for more info... but it is v unusual to not find a villa on more than one site.

She says she is in Canada and when I asked about paying in £ instead of $ she said that her bank account is in US so a transfer is $ is needed.

footiecook 19 Aug 19 06:50 PM

Doesn’t tell you what the name of the Villa is. We stayed in Highland reserve in July and whilst the villa was ok I don’t think I would stay there again due to the problems we encountered with the property managers

MariaLynda 19 Aug 19 06:54 PM

No it doesn't really have a name, I looked for that... not sure whether to post a ID of it on the site or mention her name. I've emailed and she days the photos which there are about 30 are all out of date and she has done many renovations... but hasn't updated... really?! that is also v unusual... ugh typical lol...

PerksP 19 Aug 19 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariaLynda (Post 14024937)
No it doesn't really have a name, I looked for that... not sure whether to post a ID of it on the site or mention her name. I've emailed and she days the photos which there are about 30 are all out of date and she has done many renovations... but hasn't updated... really?! that is also v unusual... ugh typical lol...

This does sound odd - if that is her prime source of advertising and she has paid for new photographs it would be unusual for her not to update her site - or at least offer to send you the updated photos. If your gut is saying no then you should probably move on

JoJo88 19 Aug 19 07:13 PM

In your position, if you’re feeling uneasy, I think I’d give it a miss. There are plenty of villas around so you’ll get another, it’s just I can imagine the thought of a bargain is tempting :)

MariaLynda 19 Aug 19 07:18 PM

just trying to remember which site it is to check ownership for that area...

owens5558 19 Aug 19 07:27 PM

Polk County Property Appraiser

MariaLynda 19 Aug 19 07:32 PM

Thank you! :) off to investigate.