theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Additional Support Needs & DAS (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   can you use das during extra hours for onsite guests? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1163601)

mandco 7 Mar 20 04:25 PM

can you use das during extra hours for onsite guests?

Can you use the das pass during the extra hours for onsite guests?
I know when we've done evening hours before some of the waits have been really long so I was wondering if you can still use the das pass or is it stand by only?

Disney Jo 10 Mar 20 02:06 PM

I don't see why it would be any different, the reason the person needs the DAS is still present and like you say sometimes the queues can still be long.

My DD has a DAS pass and we will ask for one again this year, as we are staying on site I will use it when it is needed as well as making full use of the fastpass system.

chmurf 10 Mar 20 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Jo (Post 14327079)
I don't see why it would be any different, the reason the person needs the DAS is still present and like you say sometimes the queues can still be long.

DAS return times are not supposed to be issued during EMH as they are only supposed to be active when the FP+ lines are active. And they are not during EMH

OP : if you use EMH, you most probably won't get a DAS until regular park hours.

This is where policy stands

now, it never hurts to try, and it will be the Cast Member decision to grant you a return time (or not) during EMH

they may grant you a DAS return time, but they can also deny it. Just be prepared if they say no.

basically it's hit or miss.

mandco 10 Mar 20 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chmurf (Post 14327875)
DAS return times are based on current standby time

There are no standby times / FP+ return times during EMH

this means that DAS return times CANNOT be issued during EMH

OP : if you use EMH, you won't get a DAS until regular park hours.

thanks

last time we did the evening hours some of the wait times were as long as during the day :( I'll just plan accordingly and hope the queue aren't too bad. we won't be doing morning hours

chmurf 11 Mar 20 09:22 AM

I've edited my previous reply while you were replying yourself

it's not all white or all black, it's like everything disney ... shades of grey...

Disney Jo 11 Mar 20 10:46 PM

Quote:

DAS return times are not supposed to be issued during EMH as they are only supposed to be active when the FP+ lines are active. And they are not during EMH

OP : if you use EMH, you most probably won't get a DAS until regular park hours.

now, it never hurts to try, and it will be the Cast Member decision to grant you a return time (or not) during EMH

they may grant you a DAS return time, but they can also deny it. Just be prepared if they say no.

Thank you, I really didn’t realise this and helps to know before we go this summer.

adreamisawish 3 May 20 08:49 AM

I didn’t have a DAS on my last trip as mine is a physical impairment so I need to use a scooter.

Wasn’t an EMH night but similar in that it was a MNSSHP night so, again, no FP’s. Really wanted to get on Space Mountain but I’d only ridden it this trip via fast pass so didn’t have to deal with the stairs in the standby line which is the main difficulty... Standby was also showing a 30 min line which I wouldn’t manage.

Explained my situation to the CM at the front of Space and at his discretion he told me to come back in 20 minutes & he’d let me through the FP entrance with my crutch.

So yes. It’ll depend on the individual situation and be at the cast members discretion.

caitlinsmummy 11 May 20 10:56 PM

Quote:

This.

We didn't realise you couldn't use it in EMH and we went to do Test Track before leaving Epcot, the CM informed us that you couldn't use it during EMH but they told us to go through the FP line and we were on in minutes.

As we knew you couldn't use it in EMH we never did again x