theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Another virgin online check in question... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=955134)

Guest 17 May 16 12:09 PM

Another virgin online check in question...

Hi all
We are due to fly home today and again i cannott check in online, this happened to me on the inbound flight from Manchester and now on the outbound, i know a few of you said this had happened to you and all was ok at airport(it was) but did it hapen on the outbound flight as well? And have any of you who experienced this had problems on future flights? Im just concerned that this may be an ongoing issue everytime i need to check in online for future trips?

Mikeeboy 17 May 16 12:26 PM

If you already have seats booked, is there any benefit to checking in online, when you have cases/bags to check in?

Guest 17 May 16 12:30 PM

Not sure? We have seats booked but am concerned as to why i am the only one who is having problems checking in when the rest of my family are ok? We all have the same surname and have never had problems before? Just dont want it to continue for future flights as im due to go away with friends next april?

Mary A 17 May 16 01:06 PM

This happened to DH when doing olci for our return trip in January. Tried again next morning and checked him in fine, was resigned to have to do airport check in for him

angel81uk 17 May 16 01:12 PM

It happens to DH quite often. In his case it appears to happen when he's been selected for additional security screening. Slightly annoying but it's never caused any problems.

Guest 17 May 16 01:21 PM

Im not concerned this time as i know il be able to check in at airport but am concerned for future flights as some companies charge extra tocheck in at airport and next year going away with friends so just hope it dosent happen again! Just can't believe its happened coming here and now going home?

Guest 17 May 16 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary A (Post 11614858)
This happened to DH when doing olci for our return trip in January. Tried again next morning and checked him in fine, was resigned to have to do airport check in for him

Have just tried again it wont let me! Just annoying when the rest of your family can and you cant!

Guest 17 May 16 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel81uk (Post 11614873)
It happens to DH quite often. In his case it appears to happen when he's been selected for additional security screening. Slightly annoying but it's never caused any problems.

Thats what i was told when i rang virgin when it appeared for the inbound flight now it's happened for the outbound flight just annoying when you cant all check in together 😡

BnDamo 17 May 16 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie5 (Post 11614936)
Have just tried again it wont let me! Just annoying when the rest of your family can and you cant!

Give them a call and they will sort it out for you. I had problems selecting my seat as it kept charging me despite being a flying club member and less than 72 hours out.. system had my number as a "temporary one". Sorted in less than two minutes.

Guest 17 May 16 02:17 PM

Have aready rang them they say they cant do anything just check in at airport