theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Reusing Magic Bands (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057126)

abiknox 4 Dec 17 10:56 PM

Reusing Magic Bands

How does this work? Do I link our new tickets to them once we are in the park or can it be done in advance on MDE?

Mr Tom Morrow 4 Dec 17 11:02 PM

I have about 12 active Bands showing on MDE. I'm advised that all of them have details of my annual pass or any other ticket linked to MDE

abiknox 4 Dec 17 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 12967642)
I have about 12 active Bands showing on MDE. I'm advised that all of them have details of my annual pass or any other ticket linked to MDE

So because they're already linked to MDE, our tickets will automatically be on them?

loldis 4 Dec 17 11:05 PM

Technically the band is linked to you, not the tickets. So as soon as you also link the tickets to you on MDE (which I presume you'll do to book FPs) you'll be able to use any linked magic band to access them.

Guest 4 Dec 17 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abiknox (Post 12967636)
How does this work? Do I link our new tickets to them once we are in the park or can it be done in advance on MDE?

Hi we have had our bands 2 years this Christmas we just linked them to our trip in may 2016 and this year on Oct frm Sally ann 😃 😄

penguin19 4 Dec 17 11:08 PM

From what I know as long as they are active on MDE they will work when you go to use them again :)

We have our August set still active so when we go in Feb we can use those or our new ones :)

Guest 4 Dec 17 11:18 PM

The only problem about re-using Magic Bands is that if they are over 2 years the long range RFID may not work. That means to get ride photos you'd have to tap on the readers at the exit to ensure you got any connected photos plus you wouldn't get the mini videos from 7DMY and ToT. Apart from that, if they are active on your MDE account you can continue to use them for everything else.

Given that you always get new bands on each stay why not just use them?

Mexy02 5 Dec 17 12:17 AM

We reused our bands from Oct 2015 and they worked fine, even the photos and videos loaded. I just put the ticket code on mde and theylinked up .

abiknox 5 Dec 17 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffa (Post 12967666)
The only problem about re-using Magic Bands is that if they are over 2 years the long range RFID may not work. That means to get ride photos you'd have to tap on the readers at the exit to ensure you got any connected photos plus you wouldn't get the mini videos from 7DMY and ToT. Apart from that, if they are active on your MDE account you can continue to use them for everything else.

Given that you always get new bands on each stay why not just use them?

We aren't staying on site this trip.

ILoveDaveLamb 5 Dec 17 12:36 AM

This won't apply to many people, but because we have non-expiry tickets, we had an issue where these were 'drained' from our magic bands rather than the 14 day ultimates we had bought to get the free dining package at SSR in 2015 and OKW in 2016. We only found out at check out when I asked the CM to check how many days we had left on the non expiry tickets.

Long winded way of saying magic bands are linked to whatever is on your MDE account. We had plastic cards for non expiry tickets and two lots of magic bands.

I should have 'prioritised' the tickets on our MDE account, apparently.

So if you have ticket now in advance you will be able to link them in advance.

If you buy tickets at the park, I'm sure they will help you.
x