theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   FP and rider switch (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057180)

gooseygander 5 Dec 17 04:11 PM

FP and rider switch

We (2 adults) are going in Feb with my 4yo and 2yo. The youngest won’t be tall enough to go on some of the rides eg FOP. Can I book 1 FP on rides which allow rider switch, go on by myself, then my husband use the rider switch for him and the 4yo? So essentially 3 of us could FP using just 1FP? Do all the FPs in the group have to be used for the same ride or can we then use that ‘spare’ FP on another ride? Seems a bit cheeky to be able to book more than 3 FPs?!

Nimbus 5 Dec 17 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooseygander (Post 12968252)
We (2 adults) are going in Feb with my 4yo and 2yo. The youngest won’t be tall enough to go on some of the rides eg FOP. Can I book 1 FP on rides which allow rider switch, go on by myself, then my husband use the rider switch for him and the 4yo?

Yes, that's certainly possible. In fact, the 4yo could go on twice if they wanted - first with yourself (although this would require 2 FPs - one for you and one for the 4yo) and then with your husband (using the Rider Switch ticket).

You don't need a FP to use rider switch. The first group can just enter the regular queue and then use the rider switch ticket (entering the FP queue) for the second group. This would mean queuing in the longer queue once though.

And, yes, it does mean that 3 of you can skip the regular queue with just 1 fastpass. This is to compensate for the extra "hassle" of having your family split up whilst on the ride and having to queue twice in the fastpass queue.

gooseygander 5 Dec 17 06:27 PM

Thanks, it looks like I’ll be able to re-plan our FP plan of attack then 😄

Powlay 7 Dec 17 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooseygander (Post 12968252)
We (2 adults) are going in Feb with my 4yo and 2yo. The youngest won’t be tall enough to go on some of the rides eg FOP. Can I book 1 FP on rides which allow rider switch, go on by myself, then my husband use the rider switch for him and the 4yo? So essentially 3 of us could FP using just 1FP? Do all the FPs in the group have to be used for the same ride or can we then use that ‘spare’ FP on another ride? Seems a bit cheeky to be able to book more than 3 FPs?!

No, 3 of you would ride on 2FP's.

All of you go to ride, you book fast passes for parent1 and dwarf of height. You ask for a Rider switch, and go on ride. Parent2 waits with dwarf.

You come off and then parent2 rides using the switch ticket and takes dwarf of height with them whilst you wait with dwarf. (the rider switch tickets allow a total of 3 guests. So find a random to watch the dwarf and parent1, parent2 and dwarf of height ride :D )

Powlay 7 Dec 17 04:39 PM

Actually yeah you could, Parent1 goes on leaves dwarf and dwarf of height with parent2, who then uses switch for them and dwarf of height.