theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Snack Credits and Ghirardelli (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1153834)

Joshie1 29 Nov 19 10:47 PM

Snack Credits and Ghirardelli

Some reports appearing online that the Ghirardelli shop at Disney Springs has changed their policy re exchange of snack credits. Varying reports of limited exchange to outright refusal to exchange.

jim jehosofat 30 Nov 19 01:27 PM

I've also seen this but other people have said that they do this every Christmas and go back to normal in mid January

Joshie1 30 Nov 19 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat (Post 14189964)
I've also seen this but other people have said that they do this every Christmas and go back to normal in mid January

Good to hear. I don’t plan on having many credits left - if any - but we do like the Ghirardelli caramel squares so it would be a bonus if we could still use them there.

Guest 30 Nov 19 01:52 PM

Yes,I read that yesterday, it's such a tiny space though it must get so congested with some of the massive amounts people are spending unused credits on,I saw someone say they got $900 worth last week 😲

Jaybeez 30 Nov 19 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma (Post 14189988)
Yes,I read that yesterday, it's such a tiny space though it must get so congested with some of the massive amounts people are spending unused credits on,I saw someone say they got $900 worth last week 😲

$900... wow !

Unfortunately there are always people who go too far. Hopefully the quote above is correct and using snack credits will be possible again after Christmas. Maybe they could put a limit on how many credits you can use if it's causing a problem.

Mexy02 30 Nov 19 02:12 PM

We had problems in November they would only take snack credits.

Guest 30 Nov 19 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybeez (Post 14190010)
$900... wow !

Unfortunately there are always people who go too far. Hopefully the quote above is correct and using snack credits will be possible again after Christmas. Maybe they could put a limit on how many credits you can use if it's causing a problem.

I've never had the dining plan but can't get my head round how anyone can have this much left over credits😲

Jaybeez 30 Nov 19 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma (Post 14190014)
I've never had the dining plan but can't get my head round how anyone can have this much left over credits😲

We have it for next year (only the second we’ve had it as we’re usually offsite) and I doubt that we will have too many credits left over. 🙂

Guest 30 Nov 19 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma (Post 14190014)

They must have been exaggerating or perhaps it was a very big party. If each snack credit worth say $6 that is 150 snack credits, so for a fourteen night stay they are not using ten credits or so each day. I don’t know why people won’t just use them on water or drinks rather than buy all this junk at the end.

Guest 30 Nov 19 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 14190057)
They must have been exaggerating or perhaps it was a very big party. If each snack credit worth say $6 that is 150 snack credits, so for a fourteen night stay they are not using ten credits or so each day. I don’t know why people won’t just use them on water or drinks rather than buy all this junk at the end.

She said she had 40 quick service meals left over 😲 And ended up with just under $900 worth of Ghirardelli's. It seems like a massive amount of unused meals🤔