theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   4 Hotels, 12 Theme Parks!?! Call That A Holiday? Yes, I Call It Heaven! May 2017. Pre Travel Day. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1022551)

gjdjud 9 May 17 08:56 PM

4 Hotels, 12 Theme Parks!?! Call That A Holiday? Yes, I Call It Heaven! May 2017. Pre Travel Day.

Pre Travel Day

A short basic entry before the main trip to include Twilight Check in.

Up stupidly early this morning. Panicking unnecessarily that I've missed something which I know I haven't as I'm stupidly prepared! I wanted to take the dog out for a final run before we said goodbye to him later. He is staying with a lady that has dogs herself and is highly recommended. She will do some extra training with him as he is a menace. But a handsome one at that. Feel absolutely sick about leaving him as it's the first time. All sorts of crazy scenarios are doing the rounds in my head.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4169/3...74cb28a9_k.jpg
Kids all off to school, Kelly to work and then I headed off for 3 lessons(I'm a driving instructor) before finishing at 1pm praying that one of them didn't decide today would be a good day to crash my car!(thankfully this didn't happen) In between lessons I quickly did online check in for our BA flights. This was amazingly easy. Our seats were the same as we requested. I even managed to save the boarding passes as a PDF and then printed off afterwards. I usually muck these kind of things up so it was a welcome surprise not to this time.

Home for a bit and a little play with the dog before I headed off to pick Evie up from school. Evie has a taxi to and from school usually but today I picked her up to save us some time. The taxi can take a while and Evie does sailing on a Tuesday which can run late.

Once I picked her up and we arrived home the lady was there to pick up the dog. Had a lump in my throat as he left. Christ man it's a dog!

We then went off to Gatwick which is only 20 minutes from where we live. We arrived at 4.30pm and were out by 4.45pm. Really quiet and really simple.

(Note: in the pictures Evie is wearing the green lanyard. This is provided by Gatwick to show she has a hidden disability.)

It only cost us £3.50 in parking which shows how quick we were going by the extortionate prices at airports.

We then met the in laws at the Beefeater on the A23 near Gatwick for a meal and for the chance for he kids to see their grandparents before we go. You can read about the meal here FATTY FAT FAT FAT TAKIN ON ORLANDO EATS.21 day onsite/offsite FOODAPALOOZA MAY'17.kids meals included..

Then home to an empty dog free house:cry:. Girls to bed early and me and Kelly sorting out bits and pieces before we leave tomorrow.:)

Rest of the trip report to come once we are back in a few weeks.:wavey: Much more detailed I promise.:wavey:

mick 9 May 17 09:54 PM

Have a wonderful holiday :spin:

Joan :wave:

dandan 9 May 17 11:38 PM

What a handsome fellow! Have a fantastic holiday!

mouselover22 9 May 17 11:38 PM

Hi George :wavey:

Lovely surprise to see a pre travel day up already :)

I feel your pain about leaving the family dog (he is a handsome boy by the way) We leave in a few days and I can't bear the thought of leaving my fur baby 🐶😢

Good to hear check in went smoothly :thumbs-up

Looking at your plans, our paths will cross on the 15th, 16th & 22nd :d:

I'd like to wish you all a wonderful holiday. I know the future is uncertain and faces many challenges for you and Evie, so I hope you make magical memories which will last a lifetime for you all

:wavey:

gjdjud 10 May 17 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 12513208)
Have a wonderful holiday :spin:

Joan :wave:

Thank you. Can't believe the day is finally here:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandan (Post 12513403)
What a handsome fellow! Have a fantastic holiday!

He certainly is:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouselover22 (Post 12513405)
Hi George :wavey:

Lovely surprise to see a pre travel day up already :)

I feel your pain about leaving the family dog (he is a handsome boy by the way) We leave in a few days and I can't bear the thought of leaving my fur baby 🐶😢

Good to hear check in went smoothly :thumbs-up

Looking at your plans, our paths will cross on the 15th, 16th & 22nd :d:

I'd like to wish you all a wonderful holiday. I know the future is uncertain and faces many challenges for you and Evie, so I hope you make magical memories which will last a lifetime for you all

:wavey:

Thank you so much:) Maybe see you there!

Disneyfreaks 10 May 17 06:47 AM

Great start & you have a georgeous looking dog, I could never do the drop off with our lab at the kennels - I'd always cry uncontrollably it was embarrassing, so my DH had to - he used to well up too but had to be 'a man about it' !

I always did the pick up though, loved that bit ! Looking forward to reading your report..have fun

Loopylooloo 10 May 17 07:07 AM

A great start, lovely photo of your family and doggy! I struggle leaving my cats never mind such a gorgeous dog! Am following your food report too...

mrsdjh 10 May 17 08:55 AM

Have a fantastic holiday

anniebee65 10 May 17 09:22 AM

Great to see this up! Have anamazing time! Feel free to live blog if the mood takes you. We won't judge 😜👍

ely3857 10 May 17 12:20 PM

Happy travels!