theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Guest Services (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   iPad not charging- help please ! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1200137)

Smilesonfaces 24 Jul 21 09:19 AM

iPad not charging- help please !

This morning my iPad isn’t charging. The battery died and I have plugged it in and nothing ! It is an apple charger and it it is working ok with my phone.

Typical my 2 year John Lewis guarantee ran out in June 🥲

Does anyone have any ideas ?
We don’t live too near to an Apple store but I will go if I have to.

Any idea if repair prices please ?

Bolto6 24 Jul 21 09:24 AM

It might have some dust in the charging port, I usually give it a good blow and sometimes just go round with a pin if the blow didn’t work.

loldis 24 Jul 21 09:27 AM

Agreed, dust in the port was the issue when my ex's phone stopped charging. Bit of canned air to clean it out and sorted.

Smilesonfaces 24 Jul 21 09:31 AM

I have tried blowing in it and nothing.
I’m not very technical but canned air ?

Kat11 24 Jul 21 09:35 AM

It may be fluff so would need scraping out if it’s that. It’s happened a few times to me and I’ve gently scraped it out with the end of a paper clip or similar.

Kat

Bartswife 24 Jul 21 09:35 AM

Mine was playing up the other week so bought a new Apple charging cable. That didn’t work either so bought a new iPad as I can’t live without mine. Lovely, new charger charged up old iPad. New charger wouldn’t charge new iPad. So I had a brand new faulty charger. Took it back to Argos from where I bought it but couldn’t return the new iPad as not allowed. A friend bought my old (2 and half years old iPad) so at least I got some return. Bit annoyed a faulty cable cost me hundreds in a replacement ipad:omg:

Smilesonfaces 24 Jul 21 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartswife (Post 15069335)
Mine was playing up the other week so bought a new Apple charging cable. That didn’t work either so bought a new iPad as I can’t live without mine. Lovely, new charger charged up old iPad. New charger wouldn’t charge new iPad. So I had a brand new faulty charger. Took it back to Argos from where I bought it but couldn’t return the new iPad as not allowed. A friend bought my old (2 and half years old iPad) so at least I got some return. Bit annoyed a faulty cable cost me hundreds in a replacement ipad:omg:

That did end up expensive !
I’ll be lost without mine too. Husband says it’s give up because I’m on it too much !

dogken 24 Jul 21 09:43 AM

I've got the ipad pro and if I let the battery run down to zero when i plug it in to charge,it, it sometimes takes a while before there's any charge icon showing, maybe leave it plugged in and give it a hour or 2.

Lindaelaine 24 Jul 21 09:43 AM

Simple question how long have you had the charger in trying to charge it as it takes a while to show it's actually charging .
Have you tried other chargers as well .

cartoonp 24 Jul 21 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces (Post 15069318)
This morning my iPad isn’t charging. The battery died and I have plugged it in and nothing ! It is an apple charger and it it is working ok with my phone.

Typical my 2 year John Lewis guarantee ran out in June 🥲

Does anyone have any ideas ?
We don’t live too near to an Apple store but I will go if I have to.

Any idea if repair prices please ?

Use a hover and suck out all the debits if you got a iPhone use the charger on it or if you got frends that got a iPad just try there charger just a idea