theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Is everyone like this? (Busy life) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1119698)

Snowball24 13 Mar 19 10:56 AM

Is everyone like this? (Busy life)

I feel rushed off my feet constantly, the house is a mess, the washing piles up and I never seem to have time to do anything. Then the weekend comes and I try to catch up but don't always want to as want to do fun things.
Im busy working for myself all week out and about, kids , pets, everything just gets too much sometimes and I'm constantly rushing or my heart racing.

Hate leaving the house in a tip every morning but it's so manic getting us all out on time ,we are often running late dropping the teens at school.

I have had no.time to go food shopping and have nothing for dinner.

Help.!

Scaramouche 13 Mar 19 11:03 AM

Yep! Welcome to our world. Had a rare evening off Monday so sorted the house out 6pm-11.30pm and then crashed out in bed. Still up to our eyes in washing.

But having 2 jobs each, and within those jobs, 2 sets of normal work clothes, 1 suit that has to be worn multiple times, 2 full uniforms, and another 2 sets of work clothes means washing is literally coming out of our ears. Between two of us, 6 sets of clothes will be worn today! At least 4 sets will need washing once we are home.

We’ve got friends coming over Friday night. I need a few more hours in the day!

Smilesonfaces 13 Mar 19 11:04 AM

I do know the feeling. I need to get the rest of the family to do their bit but I also know that I like having things done my way !
I do online food shopping. Not always happy with it but it saves going.

As the song goes we need to let it go ! The kids won’t remember you lived in a nice tidy house but they will remember the fun stuff at weekend.
If I say anything to husband though he would say to me don’t waste your time on the Dibb then if you have no time 😂

Vanillapod 13 Mar 19 11:20 AM

This sounds familiar! I am constantly running late.
The house isn’t usually a mess because we only have DS who is 15 but when he was little there was always a trail of toys and stuff everywhere!
Teenage boys tend not to have ‘stuff’, just lots of clothes so it’s not so bad.
Keeping on top of sports kit is a mammoth task and making sure the right things are clean for the right days. Why can’t they have universal kit?
School stuff is so tough. I love being involved with it all but the timings are tricky with work.
I had a rare night off the night before last and DS broke a bone in his foot so we ended up in A&E. So much for a relaxing evening in my pj’s...
Now I’m having to drop off and pick up from school each day because he can’t manage the walk home.
Luckily he’s at school until 5-5:30 most days at the moment so I don’t have to leave the office massively early and I’m working from home today which helps.

I always have a massive list of stuff I haven’t got round to doing. Always 🙄
Like most people, I feel as if I’m trying to keep 5000 plates spinning!

I regularly feel like I’m just trying to make it through the week!
I work about 80 hours a week and just need a few more hours in a day!

HappyPanda 13 Mar 19 11:23 AM

This sounds all too familiar. Every now and then we'll get all caught up with the housework and then within a day or two it's a total mess again!

Snowball24 13 Mar 19 11:24 AM

Yep with teens I find its clothes and shoes everywhere, mugs, plates and glasses 🙄

EssexSue 13 Mar 19 11:32 AM

It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things tho does it? As long as the house is hygienic ( and as you haven't mentioned poisoning anyone I assume it is) there's more to life than housework.
Honestly Snowball you need to chill out and be kinder to yourself.

LadyFromage 13 Mar 19 11:35 AM

You need a timetable!

I get up at 6:30 with the teenager for school. DH does different shifts so gets up between 5 and 8 depending on his day.

First job - Take a load of washing downstairs and put it on and put the kettle on. Make breakfast for the smalls and do packed lunches. Then go up to the shower. Smalls wash themselves / teeth and get ready.
7:30 - teenager leaves after emptying the dishwasher. Smaller child reloads with all the breakfast stuff and I wipe down the sides.
Hang the washing up on clothes airers. Leave at 8:30 to go to school.

I have mon / tues off work and Monday is my cleaning day. Whole house gets hoovered. Both bathrooms deep cleaned. Beds changed.

I find I have to do one load of washing a day to keep on top of it all.

My kids have to do alot life isn't free! They put their own clothes away, keep their own rooms tidy, do the dishwasher, set the table etc

Cloverlady 13 Mar 19 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowball24 (Post 13732027)
Yep with teens I find its clothes and shoes everywhere, mugs, plates and glasses 🙄

Same here with this, Snowball. Going in their room is like a meme I once saw

Our boys still live at home, 23, 19 and 16 and they do have chores, not huge commitments but every little helps, keeping room REASONABLY tidy (never to my standard but I've learned to live with mess in their rooms to a certain extent, hey-ho) each boy has another household chore though to benefit the whole house. Not sure if you give chores ? Maybe an idea if not :wavey:
Try and have a little bit of time out for yourself too Snowball x

Posiesmum 13 Mar 19 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssexSue (Post 13732038)
It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things tho does it? As long as the house is hygienic ( and as you haven't mentioned poisoning anyone I assume it is) there's more to life than housework.
Honestly Snowball you need to chill out and be kinder to yourself.

This. Plus, why can’t teenager(s) put a wash on, run a Hoover, bring plates down themselves? You don’t have to do it all
Our DD always had specific jobs to do ( and often did them better than me!)