theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Restaurants the Wrong Way Around (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1188583)

adamtoonarmy 10 Feb 21 11:15 AM

Restaurants the Wrong Way Around

So which highly rated Disney restaurants didnt you like and which less popular restaurants did you love

I will go first

I thought Boma was awful and vastly overpriced even for Disney

Also been to ‘OHana twice and thought that was pants too

On the other hand I loved Nine Dragons and the San Angel Inn.

stupet11 10 Feb 21 11:32 AM

Ohanas and Mama Melrose our big favourites of ours and probably split opinions.

At MM, after we ordered the stake (we had had there before) the server said it was the best stake onsite for the price - on a par with the more expensive restaurants. The pasta sauces are awesome too.

Ohanas dinner, just everything hits the spot - and they were amazing to my son, who was a vegetarian -and the fireworks view too.

Had one awesome experience at Cali Grill and one poor - I would avoid going eating there too late... didn't get great CS.

Didn't enjoy Coral Reef - struggles with the venue.

I was 50/50 with Boma - rest of family didn't enjoy it.

Tusker House b'fast awesome, lunch meh...

Shooby doo 10 Feb 21 11:53 AM

Not so much the wrong way around as didn't live up to the hype maybe, well apart from our 1 trip to Ohana that was just plain awful & a couple of bad meals at WCC.
Le Cellier- not worth the hype
Morimoto asia- it's really expensive Ramen
Crystal Palace- rush you

Now there are some that are actually good with the caveat that only on Free Dining IMO as we've paid OOP for them:
Flying Fish- great meal but not +£200 great(2 people)
Cali Grill - see above
Narcossosees- see above

Ones that have gone downhill:
Kona- once you have to pay to get a side to accompany that $50 steak 'coz the steak is the only thing on the plate
Boma/Tusker- standard has dropped considerably whilst cost has risen.

Ones that were good:
Chef Art's
Storybook dining
Mama Melrose
50's
Trail's End- although price has now shot up

SD:d:

Bozza 10 Feb 21 11:55 AM

Coral Reef seems to be perma-out-of-favour but we had such a good meal there, visiting primarily because my son is avidly into marine life, that it's become a regular dining spot for us and it's never disappointed.

Both Mrs B and the boy enjoy seafood, so it works well for them, and even as a veggie I've always been pleased with my food.

On our last visit our server, Josh, was an absolute riot and we've stayed in touch, via Instagram, ever since.

Disney_time 10 Feb 21 12:10 PM

We hated Citricos, supposed to be fine dining, but we found the surroundings drab and dated and the food meh, especially for the price. And there's something about these lovely waitresses, being made to dress up in period costumes, then topping it off with their ugly flat black trainers. (I know they walk thousands of miles, but Disney really need to find an alternative comfortable shoe for them that compliments the costume) Rant over

On the other hand, some folk hate the Yachtsman for it's noise and busyness, but we love it and have had some great chats with our waiters.

DisneyMadMummy 10 Feb 21 12:20 PM

Didn't like Sci-fi diner! Service was poor and slow, and food was mediocre.
I repeatedly read how Trails End was a hidden gem, it really wasn't worth the effort it took for us to get there.

We really enjoyed T-Rex, and my partner said it was the best burger he'd had in Orlando.
Crystal Palace seems to have people split, but we really enjoyed the food here.

Muppetnation_20 10 Feb 21 12:40 PM

The Yachtsman Steakhouse was a nightmare when we there last time. Took ages to get served, when they brought the meals they forgot my daughters so we had to wait 10 minutes before that arrived so the rest of the meals went cold. Definitely won't go back there when we visit again.

Have seen bad reviews of the Coral Reef but we thought it was great and the food was delicious. Happy to go back there again!

gismo1554 10 Feb 21 01:23 PM

I've had awful meals at a few the worse probably being Yachtsman for a similar reason to Muppernation_20. Nine Dragons however I adore and don't get why people seem to not like it! Its amazing!

gjdjud 10 Feb 21 02:22 PM

People hate the character meals at Hollywood and Vine. We’ve done it a couple of times and enjoyed it.

Teppen Edo. Receives a lot of love but I hated it.

disney332 10 Feb 21 03:05 PM

I find many Disney restaurants, thats all buffets and many TS are like a school canteen at lunchtime.

I always have earplugs with me

Disney332