theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Park reservations (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1189709)

blacklist 25 Feb 21 10:02 PM

Park reservations

I booked a villa today for August 2022 😁 & like lots of other people I've started the process of putting back together the holiday we cancelled last year.

I admit I'm slightly worried about park reservations though. In previous years I'd pay for my Disney tickets and link / activate them in time for booking fast passes.

With the new system I'm worried that if I wait until 1-2 months before the holiday there won't be any park passes left. Conversely I don't really want to commit to tickets, let alone activate them, too far in advance while so much is still uncertain.

With this new system it feels like you could potentially spend a couple of thousand pounds on tickets, with no certainty of being able to get into a particular park for the duration of your holiday. Or am I missing something?

Charlangela 25 Feb 21 10:16 PM

I've bought mine through Attraction Tickets and can get a full refund as I have paid the extra £24PP for FlexiPlus Cover.

Once I get my tickets I can add them to My Disney Experience and reserve my park days, they don't count this as "activating" and I can still get a refund should we not be able to go.

Currently for this year there is only Hollywood Studios booked up for some dates in March and April (Spring Break and Easter) and Magic Kingdom on the 1st October for the anniversary.

I think there is plenty of capacity and by next year they more than likely will have increased capacity I believe.

Gill H 25 Feb 21 10:28 PM

I have booked a package for Jan 2022 through Travel Counsellors. Fully refundable or changeable.

My reservation number has enabled me to link my booking and I've already made park reservations. I can always change them or cancel them if we don't go, and won't lose any money.

blacklist 25 Feb 21 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlangela (Post 14855817)
I've bought mine through Attraction Tickets and can get a full refund as I have paid the extra £24PP for FlexiPlus Cover.

Once I get my tickets I can add them to My Disney Experience and reserve my park days, they don't count this as "activating" and I can still get a refund should we not be able to go.

Currently for this year there is only Hollywood Studios booked up for some dates in March and April (Spring Break and Easter) and Magic Kingdom on the 1st October for the anniversary.

I think there is plenty of capacity and by next year they more than likely will have increased capacity I believe.

Thank you, that makes sense - I thought linking tickets to the app would activate them. Looks like I'll be buying park tickets earlier than expected 😂

Charlangela 25 Feb 21 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacklist (Post 14855894)
Thank you, that makes sense - I thought linking tickets to the app would activate them. Looks like I'll be buying park tickets earlier than expected 😂

I was raging because I wanted to hold out to November for Black Friday deals! I'm May 22 so don't want to leave it that late.

blacklist 25 Feb 21 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlangela (Post 14855900)
I was raging because I wanted to hold out to November for Black Friday deals! I'm May 22 so don't want to leave it that late.

I was just thinking I'd wait until Black Friday, hopefully that'll be okay for us with not going until Aug 22.

bronny 26 Feb 21 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacklist (Post 14855909)
I was just thinking I'd wait until Black Friday, hopefully that'll be okay for us with not going until Aug 22.

We don’t go until Xmas 22 and will be waiting for Black Friday

NM19 26 Feb 21 06:42 AM

Hi I have booked offsite for August 22 . Iam not really clear on how the park bookings work and how my disneyexperience works for offsite as have previously onlydone onsite. Can someone give me a brief explanation ? Also are people expecting park booking to still be in place by 2022. Thanks

deafjeff 26 Feb 21 08:18 AM

This might be useful for others who may have questions regarding the park reservation. The answers are from Disney.

If we leave the park to go back to a hotel (yacht club for example) and go back to the same park does this count as park hopping or still ‘one visit’? Answer - you can go in/out of the same park as many times as you want on the same day and it will still be your ‘first’ reservation.

- [ ] If we visit a second park at 2pm and it’s full can we go back to the original park or we have lost our reservation? Answer - before going to your next park, double check the availability calendar. Only in some cases is a park not available on the day. Looking at today for example Hollywood Studios isn’t available but the rest are. From Monday next week every park is currently available. You do not need to book your second park - you can just go there. You always have the option of going back to your first reserved park.

- [ ] How do we know if the park is full if we are walking over? Answer: check the availability calendar first before going anywhere. A quick glance calendar can be found here: https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/availa...ment =tickets

- [ ] What happens if we reserve dining at a different park and it is full? Answer: there is a small chance that you won’t be able to access the park even if you had an ADR. For peace of mind, if you have an ADR in a park restaurant make sure that particular park is your confirmed one for the day.

- [ ] If we reserve one park and arrive after 2pm will it still be valid? Answer: you can turn up at your first reserved park at any time in the day. The 2pm rule only applies to waiting for the second park to be ‘

- [ ] If we book at a Disney Springs hotel can we book park reservations for the entire holiday or do we have to stay onsite for that perk? Answer: park reservations are not linked to your resort/hotel choice. They are linked only to the type of ticket you have. So, if you have a park hopper ticket you can park hop. Once you have your WDW ticket you should be able to reserve your parks for the entire duration of your stay. If you have booked a room only, contact Disney to discuss how to reserve your parks.

- [ ] If we stay at a Disney Springs hotel (e.g LBV palace) do we get the same access as a Disney resort guest? Answer: There are no differences in access to the reservation system as long as you have your park tickets.

- [ ] As Palace booking isn’t available until Sept can we book tickets now and reserve park now? Answer: Yes.

- [ ] Can we hop more than two park after 2pm? Answer: Yes, subject to park availability.

Gill H 26 Feb 21 08:31 AM

I would add to that (from videos I have seen) - you can ask a CM to check park capacity, either at the transport or at Guest Services.