theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Live Honeymoon Food Report - Day 6 - Volcano Bay Food Failure, Bubba Gump & Voodoo (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1099451)

lolalolo86 12 Sep 18 12:29 AM

Live Honeymoon Food Report - Day 6 - Volcano Bay Food Failure, Bubba Gump & Voodoo

First photo is from tea as today was a food photo failure! We decided to go to Volcano Bay as we had the early entry and doubt we will come back up to Universal between now and going home so even though we weren't feeling 100% we went for it.

I popped down to the Orchard lounge grab & go in RPR to see what was on offer and grabbed ham & egg croissants and a muffin each. Both were really nice and I was surprised by what was on offer but sorry no pics as I didn't take my phone down and devoured it when got back to the room!

Volcano Bay was good. We loved the look of the park and the Volcano is very cool. The aqua coaster is awesome and so is the fearless river but the rest was just fine. The tapu tapu is ok I guess but we had return times of 15 mins for mosr rides and then waited longer for the buzz then waited about 15 mins again in the physical queue so it was more like 45 in total. Anyway it was a decent day overall.

We had a very expensive lunch of chicken burgers and a Bud light each which came to approx. $45! It was nice enough but nothing amazing. That was at Bambu near the back and the service was shockingly slow for just before the lunch time rush.

So finally onto some food and drink photos!

We went to Bubba Gump as we are both trying to eat more fish/seafood and neither of us have been despite loving the film.

Phil had Sam Adams in souvenir glass. His first Sam Adams of the holiday which is surprising as he loves it.

I had a strawberry and mango icy swirl in a light up glass with glitter sugar rim. I literally got this for the cup. I'm a sucker for anything light up :D it was a really lovely drink too though ;)

So I had Forrest's seafood feast consisting of fried shrimp, fried white fish goujons and seafood hush puppies on a bed of fries. It was all delicious! The hush puppies in particular were lovely and I could have ate a whole lot more of them.

Phil had the shrimp New Orleans which was shrimp broiled in butter garlic and spices with jasmine rice and a garlic bread slice. He loved it and ate every bit.

Bubba's was a hit with us both and we aced the trivia quiz ;)

So we planned to have a walk to HRH but I forgot our ponchos and it started peeing down. So we went to Voodoo donuts instead and got 2 each. The rain got worse while we are in there so I ran into PIQ any purchased a umbrella I had been spying and we took the donuts back to the room.

We got a Captain Crunch one, peanut cake (the cake ones are a denser consistency apparently) a Voodoo doll and a M&M one.

Close up of the Captain Crunch one. Phil chose this as it's his favourite cereal in the US. He liked it but said the cereal tasted stale and was soft not crunchy.

I chose the Voodoo doll one. The chocolate icing is really good and the head and arms are just donut, the body has raspberry jam in it.

Inside of the donut.

There was so much jam in it and it was too much to be honest. I just took the top off and ate the chocolate bit in the end.

Going to save the other two for breakfast tomorrow as we are going to try get up early and do a mop up of both parks before heading to our villa later on so a quick breakfast will be needed. Bye for now! :)

app 12 Sep 18 12:49 AM

New Photo Added by lolalolo86 - 12 Sep 18 12:49 AM.

mick 12 Sep 18 09:54 AM

Nice meal at Bubba Gump :spin:

Joan :wave:

Captain Ethan 12 Sep 18 10:18 AM

Always enjoy Bubbas and use the Landry card to get quick seating. Looking forward to trying to Voodoo donuts too though I’m worried they might be a bit too sickly. Look great though.

Floridaagogo 12 Sep 18 08:55 PM

Great photos of bubba gumps x

Sue 12 Sep 18 09:30 PM

Love the pics of Bubba, recently checked the menu and they’ve stopped the Cajun shrimp which was my fave:(
Hope they restore it by the time we go next May

lolalolo86 13 Sep 18 09:16 PM

Bubbas surprised us both and we both really loved it. We didn't have landrys but will definitely get one for whenever we go back. Luckily it wasn't busy so we were sat straight away anyway.

Cinderella 15 Sep 18 07:13 PM

Can't wait to try Voodoo Doughnuts👍