theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What’s it like in May... & flight prices (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057140)

MissPiggy2012 5 Dec 17 08:46 AM

What’s it like in May... & flight prices

So we have only visited in Oct/Nov & Jan and wondering about going at the beginning of May 2019.

What are the crowd levels like then and flight prices? We normally pay around £450-£550 direct from Manchester with Virgin, am I likely to get that in May?

Smilesonfaces 5 Dec 17 08:55 AM

We went may half term (last week May first week June) last year and paid £350 each with TC. We found crowd levels manageable but others on the Dibb were saying at the time it was very busy. I guess it depends on your expectations. We went thinking it would be rammed !
The weather was lovely in the main. One full day of rain and an evening.
If you are going beginning of May and can hold your nerve there are usually good late deals especially with Thomsons.

Unexpectedpenny 5 Dec 17 10:05 AM

The start of May is my favourite time to go. Weathers good, warm but not too humid. Obviously it’s never guaranteed but we were there 24th April - 12th May this year and only had one 2 hour bit of rain.
No time is quiet as it once was anymore especially for Disney but queues were short and it never felt too busy.
Universal was really really quiet.

EPCOT has Flower and Garden on too which is a lovely time to be there.

jas72 5 Dec 17 11:14 AM

We are going 4-12 May 2018 as I got flights for 400€ (£350) return direct to Miami :spin: couldn't pass it up.

Still haven't a clue what to do though. I fancy beach perhaps AMI and tampa area or showing my son the keys I'm tempted by DC but we cannot plan due to medical problems anyone know if you can book on the day?

We were there in 2014 and 2016 in May and loved it great weather not too hot.

We don't visit Disney parks so can't tell about the crowds but for the rest :thumbs-up

klr15 5 Dec 17 11:24 AM

We went the last two weeks in May this year for our first trip and we loved it! Wasn’t too crowded in Disney and there were so many rides at universal that were a walk on. The weather was really nice, hot, but not too humid so it was nice to walk around the parks, we managed to do a few full days without going back to the hotel because it wasn’t too humid.

We have already decided that on our return trip (possibly 2020) that we will choose May again, this time though we will choose the first two weeks of May so that we can avoid memorial weekend as it started to get really busy then!

:)

tootsie rolls 5 Dec 17 12:52 PM

We're going for the first two weeks in may next year can't wait,went the last week of may in 2016, very very hot with a few short showers in late afternoon 😃😃😃

tarik 5 Dec 17 02:11 PM

We went this May 8-20. The weather was perfect. If not a little hot with 2 young children. You should be able to get flights for £400-500 if not in the school holidays. The parks were very busy imo. We have only been Jan/Feb previously so there were a lot more people than we were used to.

Going back in April 18.

Pussycat Doll 5 Dec 17 06:31 PM

Weather is perfect! Flight prices are about as good as it gets!

Floridasun 5 Dec 17 07:55 PM

We are flying direct lgw to mco with Norwegian 19/5 to 2/6 . We paid £2100 for 4 adults (ours are 18 and 14) . We did book early for that price though.

irvin38a 5 Dec 17 11:05 PM

We went 13th-30th May this year and loved it compared to our previous July trips. Parks were quite busy but manageable. Weather was great. Hot but not humid so not dripping wet after 30mins!

Flew with TC for £300pp return this year. MAN-MCO

Going 30th May - 15th June next year with Virgin @ £350pp. MAN-MCO