theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Aer Lingus schedule change (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1177792)

dil2373 2 Aug 20 04:23 PM

Aer Lingus schedule change

Hi everyone Aer Lingus have just cancelled the Birmingham to Dublin leg of our flight on 21st September to Orlando and changed it to a Heathrow flight I think this is classed as a major change.
Can anyone tell me if we ask for a refund, will it just be the Birmingham to Dublin leg or can we get a refund for the whole journey, (all booked at the same time)
thanks in advance

Mrs Red C 2 Aug 20 06:07 PM

Happened to me, moved the Birmingham bit to London, rang them and got my full refund within the week!

chelsie15 2 Aug 20 06:20 PM

Iv just had the email saying there has been a change to my schedule & details will be in 2nd email which I haven't received yet. I'm BHX-DUB-MCO on 23rd Sept. Guessing it's been moved to Heathrow. Will give them a call tomorrow.

dil2373 2 Aug 20 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C (Post 14598940)
Happened to me, moved the Birmingham bit to London, rang them and got my full refund within the week!

thanks will try ringing them tomorrow. To add insult to injury the inbound flight is still to Birmingham.

dil2373 2 Aug 20 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsie15 (Post 14598957)
Iv just had the email saying there has been a change to my schedule & details will be in 2nd email which I haven't received yet. I'm BHX-DUB-MCO on 23rd Sept. Guessing it's been moved to Heathrow. Will give them a call tomorrow.

If its the 12.15 flight they are all cancelled apparently

chelsie15 3 Aug 20 07:29 AM

Hi yes it was the 12:15. Finally got the 2nd email with the change to Heathrow. 😢
Just rang AL full refund will be processed. Taking slightly longer than normal due to high volume of refunds. Will update when refund is received.

John 3 Aug 20 04:51 PM

Just be careful with AE, they are being very underhand. I am booked EDI-DUB-MCO on 29th Aug. Although they have not told me the DUB-MCO flight is cancelled, it is no longer showing on their schedule. They have emailed me several times offering to change dates or issue a voucher - I want a refund. Today, I have received 3 emails from them saying my EDI - Dub flight has changed and they have booked me on the earlier flight (one hour earlier) When I first booked my flight, there was no 10.45hr flight (which they have now put me on) the earlier flight was around 8am ish. In there email, they say if this change is no good then I can change the date, take a voucher or cancel. Small print near the bottom says if I cancel I only get a refund if the time difference is more than 3 hours... it's only an hour... just ignoring them for now

theedgeofglory 3 Aug 20 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 14600123)
Just be careful with AE, they are being very underhand. I am booked EDI-DUB-MCO on 29th Aug. Although they have not told me the DUB-MCO flight is cancelled, it is no longer showing on their schedule. They have emailed me several times offering to change dates or issue a voucher - I want a refund. Today, I have received 3 emails from them saying my EDI - Dub flight has changed and they have booked me on the earlier flight (one hour earlier) When I first booked my flight, there was no 10.45hr flight (which they have now put me on) the earlier flight was around 8am ish. In there email, they say if this change is no good then I can change the date, take a voucher or cancel. Small print near the bottom says if I cancel I only get a refund if the time difference is more than 3 hours... it's only an hour... just ignoring them for now

Something similar happened to me with with MAN-DUB-MCO. I’d noticed it wasn’t on their schedule either so just decided to wait. I’d checked last night on the app and our booking was showing an additional flight of MAN-MAN for Sept 11th. I tried to look into it but the app kept telling me to contact customer services.

I called them this morning and was told the Thursday MAN-DUB had been cancelled and that I’d been transferred to the Friday. I was offered to move dates, take a voucher or a refund. I asked for a refund and it was processed there and then.

dil2373 3 Aug 20 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 14600123)

I thought they had cancelled all flights to MCO up until 14th Sept. As you say hang on they will have to give you a refund.

blobbyrob 4 Aug 20 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsie15 (Post 14599473)
Hi yes it was the 12:15. Finally got the 2nd email with the change to Heathrow. 😢
Just rang AL full refund will be processed. Taking slightly longer than normal due to high volume of refunds. Will update when refund is received.

I'm in exactly the same apart from my dates are for 16th Sept BHX-DUB-MCO.

Could you tell me what number you called them on. Cheers :thumb: