theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Still waiting for Netflights... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1179565)

irvin38a 3 Sep 20 05:45 PM

Still waiting for Netflights...

Day 103 since submitting my refund request for cancelled Virgin flights in June. Anybody else still waiting?

I also have a charge back claim in with my credit card. That’s been 10 weeks too. Looks like that’s getting somewhere now though as they called yesterday to ask for more details. Has anyone had Netflights dispute their chargeback?

mike4scuba 3 Sep 20 06:57 PM

Booked flights in June with virgin for march 2021. Contacted virgin following day to cancel flights due to second thoughts.
Flights were cancelled but was told it would take 4 months to get my money back so still got a month to go.
Will book one final flight with virgin you use our points up then I am done with them and their virgin Atlantic credit card
No way to treat customers

married2mm 3 Sep 20 07:03 PM

I’m afraid if our experience was anything to go by; you still have a bit of a wait.

Our refund was submitted 29.3 & was only refunded last Friday.
I believe it was 152 days. 🙄

kateh134 3 Sep 20 07:40 PM

We’re still waiting too, but we have at least had an e mail this week to advise we should receive the funds within 14 days. Assuming we get it by then (I’m not overly optimistic) it will be about 130 days from the time we received confirmation of our refund request. Flight was due on 5th May and we had confirmation of refund request on 11th May.

Ryles 3 Sep 20 09:03 PM

Yep I’m still waiting although my refund was only submitted beginning of July or so they tell me anyway. I’ve submitted a charge back with my CC but to be fair they aren’t much better neither! 😡

irvin38a 3 Sep 20 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryles (Post 14634434)
Yep I’m still waiting although my refund was only submitted beginning of July or so they tell me anyway. I’ve submitted a charge back with my CC but to be fair they aren’t much better neither! 😡

Which credit card company are you with? Tesco have taken about 7 weeks to get the ball rolling!

Kirky123 3 Sep 20 09:53 PM

We submitted the refund form to Netflights 26th May for our 17th June flight, heard nothing from them.

Put a chargeback claim in with HSBC end of May. They credited our account last week .

flutterfly 3 Sep 20 10:16 PM

Totally different experience.

Flight was due to leave on 15th July. Full Netflights refund by 15th August!

Our friends were direct with Virgin and are still waiting.

I would send them a message on Facebook. They were super helpful

dreamisawish 3 Sep 20 10:20 PM

Netflights will most likely need to wait for the refund amount from virgin to proceed. I’m in aviation at my travel agency now and honestly virgin are the worst at refunding. The vast majority that have had cancelled flights since march have not seen a refund from virgin and therefore from us for flights. It’s very frustrating for us all. I’d try and contact netflights and see what the situation is, whether or not they are reliant on virgins time frame for the refund, and if they are unfortunately you’d probably have to contact virgin to complain.

PIGLET38 3 Sep 20 10:23 PM

We are still waiting for a refund for our cancelled Virgin flight to New York on the 22nd May. I messaged them via Facebook today and did get a response, but only to say that they have our refund request and are chasing Virgin and will be in touch once they have received the monies back. Not sure we expected much more to be honest!