theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   things to do in the evening for kids at disney springs? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1156972)

mandco 8 Jan 20 05:57 PM

things to do in the evening for kids at disney springs?

Dd really wants to go to cirque de sol while we are there but I know the boys won't sit through it so wondering if there is anything they can do while we go to see it?

They will be 14 & 8 - I know there is the bowling but that is a no go with the youngest -

macadoo 8 Jan 20 07:08 PM

The nba experience if they’re interested in basketball.

AliceCooper9 8 Jan 20 07:11 PM

the cinema

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...ey-springs-24/

novocastrian 9 Jan 20 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandco (Post 14232419)
Dd really wants to go to cirque de sol while we are there but I know the boys won't sit through it so wondering if there is anything they can do while we go to see it?

They will be 14 & 8 - I know there is the bowling but that is a no go with the youngest -

there are ramps/bumpers for smaller kids bowling

Tinkjon 9 Jan 20 08:09 PM

Is The Void still there? Virtual reality thingy. If so, that, without a doubt - it was INCREDIBLE. Just reeeeeeally expensive :(

Mexy02 9 Jan 20 08:13 PM

Agreed the void is mind blowing , worth every penny

mandco 9 Jan 20 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novocastrian (Post 14234028)
there are ramps/bumpers for smaller kids bowling

Thanks
the big issue is he's liable to go into melt down and end up throwing a bowling ball at someone or doing a runner :erm: we are working on it we've been going to sensory friendly sessions to work on improving his ability to cope but at the moment its not worth the risk esp as I wouldn't be there to deal with him.

Tinkjon 9 Jan 20 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandco (Post 14234265)
Thanks
the big issue is he's liable to go into melt down and end up throwing a bowling ball at someone or doing a runner :erm: we are working on it we've been going to sensory friendly sessions to work on improving his ability to cope but at the moment its not worth the risk esp as I wouldn't be there to deal with him.

Ah, if your son has sensory issues then I might reconsider my advice about The Void. You have a big, heavy helmet/backpack on that convers your face. Also it really feels like you are in whatever world they're currently doing - it was Star Wars when we went and you literally felt like you were in a Star Wars movie! You can't see the room around you and the people you are with all look like eg. Stormtroopers. You can get straight back to reality by taking the glasses off but it could be quite unsettling for someone with sensory issues.

AliceCooper9 9 Jan 20 08:25 PM

I thought of the Void as well but if you check out the FAQ

What is the minimum height and age for visiting The VOID? Is this okay for children?

Guests must be a minimum of 48 inches (1.20 m) tall to visit The VOID. We strongly recommend that guests are at least 10 years old. It will be up to the discretion of the manager to allow guests under 10 years of age to attend The VOID due to safety or operational concerns.

Minors (under 18 years old) can experience The VOID by themselves if they have their parent or legal guardian’s consent. At certain locations, the parent or legal guardian can consent to the digital liability waiver, privacy policy, and terms and conditions ahead of time. If consent is not given in advance, then the parent or legal guardian will need to be present on-site to give consent.

mandco 9 Jan 20 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkjon (Post 14234281)
Ah, if your son has sensory issues then I might reconsider my advice about The Void. You have a big, heavy helmet/backpack on that convers your face. Also it really feels like you are in whatever world they're currently doing - it was Star Wars when we went and you literally felt like you were in a Star Wars movie! You can't see the room around you and the people you are with all look like eg. Stormtroopers. You can get straight back to reality by taking the glasses off but it could be quite unsettling for someone with sensory issues.

Thanks
def sounds like it might be a no go for little man but sounds like something ds1 might enjoy so will look into that