theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   IKOS Andalusia (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1182597)

happytraveller 29 Oct 20 06:44 PM

IKOS Andalusia

Well I booked a fab deal with BA yesterday for the above :spin: for next April. I've never been to an IKOS before and so excited. I've never even been to Malaga before lol. Is anyone else going here next year, or has any tips regarding IKOS hotels at all? I've also got my eye on Dassia. It looks beautiful, anyone stayed there? :) And has anyone been to Malaga in April? From what I have seen it can get up to 20 which would be nice:)

KarenG 29 Oct 20 10:18 PM

My sisters between them have been to almost all the IKOS hotels now and rave about them all - some more than others but all are great apparently.

I’m concerned they may be banned from future visits as their collective wine consumption is frightening 😂

happytraveller 29 Oct 20 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 14698209)
My sisters between them have been to almost all the IKOS hotels now and rave about them all - some more than others but all are great apparently.

I’m concerned they may be banned from future visits as their collective wine consumption is frightening 😂

Thanks Karen :pgig::pgig::pgig: I must admit, I've downloaded the app and really like the look of the restaurants and all of their offerings. So I'll probably get banned from eating too much :blush: :D

peter pan 29 Oct 20 11:42 PM

I’ve been to Oceania multiple times, Olivia quite a few and Dassia once. IKOS spoils you for all other hotels! Andalusia looks amazing and if I didn’t have Oceania booked for May and September then I would definitely be going! The service is amazing, food beautiful and the wine/cocktail list extensive! You will not be disappointed but be warned you won’t want to go anywhere else!
I personally didn’t like Dassia, it’s much larger than the Greek hotels so I think if had lost something... however I believe service etc has improved so I might be tempted to give it another try . Happy to answer any questions 😁

florida girl 29 Oct 20 11:53 PM

We did our first visit to IKOS Dassia last year and had an amazing time first class food, wine and service nothing ever too much trouble. Should have been going to Oceania this month for my daughters wedding but put on hold to next year and we are all so excited to go back. Andalusia is on our list to visit next I am sure you wont be disappointed.

happytraveller 29 Oct 20 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter pan (Post 14698296)
I’ve been to Oceania multiple times, Olivia quite a few and Dassia once. IKOS spoils you for all other hotels! Andalusia looks amazing and if I didn’t have Oceania booked for May and September then I would definitely be going! The service is amazing, food beautiful and the wine/cocktail list extensive! You will not be disappointed but be warned you won’t want to go anywhere else!
I personally didn’t like Dassia, it’s much larger than the Greek hotels so I think if had lost something... however I believe service etc has improved so I might be tempted to give it another try . Happy to answer any questions 😁

That's great thank you :D It says it all you have 2 booked for next year :D Have you used the app to make reservations for anything?

happytraveller 30 Oct 20 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by florida girl (Post 14698311)
We did our first visit to IKOS Dassia last year and had an amazing time first class food, wine and service nothing ever too much trouble. Should have been going to Oceania this month for my daughters wedding but put on hold to next year and we are all so excited to go back. Andalusia is on our list to visit next I am sure you wont be disappointed.

Thanks. I'm not surprised you're excited, it looks great. I so cannot wait, although I worry I'll put on all the weight I'm trying to lose thanks to lockdown :D

peter pan 30 Oct 20 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happytraveller (Post 14698314)
That's great thank you :D It says it all you have 2 booked for next year :D Have you used the app to make reservations for anything?

We stay in the deluxe area so we can make all our reservations prior to travelling.

peter pan 30 Oct 20 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by florida girl (Post 14698311)

Have I recently been talking to you on FB?

florida girl 30 Oct 20 10:07 AM

I think you probably have 😊. We have booked Deluxe for our next trip got a great deal so thought why not,although we didn't have any problem getting into all the restaurants we wanted last year and we were a party of 6.