theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   TUI cancelled PE lounge access (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1162736)

jmagla 27 Feb 20 02:03 PM

TUI cancelled PE lounge access

We fly in from Manchester in April and have just had an email from TUI to tell us there is insufficient lounge access to accommodate PE passengers and given us a £35 pp refund. Would rather have had the lounge access but the refund is reasonable.

My beef is, why don't they just book lounge access as PE economy seats are booked and then this presumably wouldn't have happened...

Does this happen often? seems a poor system to me leaving it so late.

britishgirl 27 Feb 20 02:37 PM

it could be there is not enough room for a block booking from tui,have you tried checking for yourself and then just use your refund to pay for it if there is space

chris123armit 27 Feb 20 03:44 PM

How disappointing! We are flying PE tui soon too...
Sure someone said yesterday there’s a 15% discount on holiday extras for lounges at the mo... if not register with them & they normally send you a discount code within 24hrs 😉

JessBlu 27 Feb 20 04:00 PM

We had this 22 of us !
Big holiday, virgin 👎👎

JessBlu 27 Feb 20 04:00 PM

It was fine Actually just took over a section on the airport restaurant and we were better on financially.

Loulou127 27 Feb 20 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmagla (Post 14307939)
We fly in from Manchester in April and have just had an email from TUI to tell us there is insufficient lounge access to accommodate PE passengers and given us a £35 pp refund. Would rather have had the lounge access but the refund is reasonable.

My beef is, why don't they just book lounge access as PE economy seats are booked and then this presumably wouldn't have happened...

Does this happen often? seems a poor system to me leaving it so late.

Yes, this happened to us with Tui a few years ago, but we only got £15 each! When in April do you travel? We go towards the end and there’s been no lounge availability including the Vroom since we booked our holiday late last summer x

jmagla 27 Feb 20 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britishgirl (Post 14307994)
it could be there is not enough room for a block booking from tui,have you tried checking for yourself and then just use your refund to pay for it if there is space

Yes checked as soon as I got email this morning, there was availabilty initially but it quickly went. I think you're right there wasn't enough for the block booking this close to the date, hence my thought they should book smaller numbers as and when the passengers book PE seats, rather than trying to block book nearer the travel.

MSG 28 Feb 20 10:24 AM

I believe there is some building work going on which may affect availability of certain lounges in Terminal 2. This could be why?

SteveyJ 28 Feb 20 10:37 AM

You're not missing anything, I can assure you.

walden64 28 Feb 20 01:20 PM

We had this last year when we flew with TUI from Manchester. The problem you have is that there is just not enough lounges at Manchester for Terminal 2 and those lounges have to cater for the upper and first class passengers from various airlines and also those customers who have booked direct.
We only found out at check-in and they gave us a voucher for breakfast which we used.
We are flying from Birmingham with TUI this year and I hope that there is sufficient lounge access but if not I have never had a problem using my Priority Card there to get lounge access.