theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Just Me and my Girl October 2012 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=563014)

Connies Mummy 11 Nov 11 11:00 PM

Just Me and my Girl October 2012

So I thought I would attempt my very first pre-trip report to help while away the many months.

So who is going? Well as the title suggests it is just me Tanya (age 42!) and my DD Connie (age 4)

This is us at MK in August a rare photo of us together as I prefer to be behind the camera and not in front and besides Connie is much more photogenic than me!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/pict...ictureid=34112

So far this is the plan well actually this is what I have booked!

Leave 19th October 2012 for 2 weeks flying from Gatwick with VA
Staying at POFQ with free QSDP and an added bonus of $150 Disney Card (that will help with the spends!)
Ultimate 14 day tickets for WDW

This trip will be my 3rd and Connies 2nd time to Florida. I am a single mum and this years trip confirmed that WDW is the perfect place to holiday on your own with a child. There is so much to do and at no time do you think "now what?" which I generally do on other holidays. Dont get me wrong we have some great camping holidays in this country but it is hard work providing entertainment in a 4 berth tent in the middle of a field while the rain pours down outside and no one else does the washing up or puts the kettle on!

I cant wait to go back but at the same time a big part of holiday enjoyment for me is the planning so I hope you will tag along with me for the next 342 days and I promise to do my best not to bore you too much! :wavey:

clairemichelle 12 Nov 11 11:08 AM

Hi:wavey:

How exciting for it to be you and your girl - some real quality time together. I agree that WDW is perfect for single parents, everything is easy to get to, you feel safe and you never run out of things to do! It is the one place I would be comfortable to go by myself.

Our dates are similar to yours - we arrive at POR on the 19th and fly home 2 weeks later, into Gatwick. Which flight back are you on?

There's 5 of us in my party (myself, dh, 2 big kids and my 6 yr old dd) Look out for us around the parks:grin:

We can plan together over the next few months!

Bobsledwheels 12 Nov 11 11:46 AM

Hiya!

Sounds like a fab holiday - my Dad (who is a single parent) took me and my sister when we were younger, was the best holiday i've ever had and fostered my orlando love! :D

Look forward to the rest of your pre-trip x

WileyCoyote 12 Nov 11 12:41 PM

Sounds great and look forward to reading more - cant see the pic you mention though?

stace&tink 12 Nov 11 04:57 PM

Yay Tanya. I'm glad u decided to write a pre trippy... enjoy the planning! I look forward to meeting you and little Connie. xx

tinks333 12 Nov 11 07:08 PM

You're right Orlando is the perfect place to holiday for single parents :tiggerbou, as you said, I never once think 'what to do now?' which i often do on beach holidays - especially in the evenings :( I look forward to reading more...

Connies Mummy 12 Nov 11 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairemichelle (Post 6857861)
Hi:wavey:

How exciting for it to be you and your girl - some real quality time together. I agree that WDW is perfect for single parents, everything is easy to get to, you feel safe and you never run out of things to do! It is the one place I would be comfortable to go by myself.

Our dates are similar to yours - we arrive at POR on the 19th and fly home 2 weeks later, into Gatwick. Which flight back are you on?

There's 5 of us in my party (myself, dh, 2 big kids and my 6 yr old dd) Look out for us around the parks:grin:

We can plan together over the next few months!

We fly back on the 2nd Nov on the 19.30 flight, which one are you on?

Connies Mummy 12 Nov 11 11:16 PM

Phew glad today is over! I normally have fridays off but DD was ill last week and because I am saving every penny for the trip I needed to make the time up so I could get paid which meant that didnt have my housework day on friday but had to do it today.

Then last monday my dog (Rafiki not named after Lion king but because it is swahili for friend) decided that he was lacking attention so got a skin problem I have been hoovering 3 times a day (black dog hair cream carpet not a pretty sight!) so the vet gave me some very expensive shampoo and I had the joy of bathing him today. On the plus side my house is now shiny and so is the dog.

The one other good thing was that Mr Postman brought me a present today new book, The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World, think I might turn in provided I can reclaim my bed it appears to have a small girl in it taking up more than her fair share of space!

tink3 13 Nov 11 11:33 AM

Great start, I am looking for to reading more as your plans come together.

clairemichelle 13 Nov 11 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connies Mummy (Post 6859688)
We fly back on the 2nd Nov on the 19.30 flight, which one are you on?

We're on the one before you. Already dreading that day:erm:

Planning is in full swing now; so excited:spin::spin: