theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   California grill brunch? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129411)

Oliver123 19 May 19 08:06 PM

California grill brunch?

I have been trying since 180+10 to get California grill for bunch on the 15th September but I haven’t been able to get it!

Are there different booking periods for brunch at California Grill?

Wigan Lass 19 May 19 09:02 PM

No. CG brunch is available at 180 plus 10 days like all other dining.

What day was 15 September in your dining booking? If it was actually 180 days, or within about 5 days, this may be why. You are going just as GE opens so it is expected to be very busy. Americans do short stays of up to 5 days by and large, so the first few days of dining and FP booking are always busy. It is better to leave sought after dining or FP to later in the holiday.
I got CG brunch at 6 days and 13 days into my holiday no problem in late October early November, however, someone else booking at 180 days exactly couldn’t get it

Wigan Lass 19 May 19 09:04 PM

Have you registered with the dining reservation alert site Mouse Dining?

It’s worth doing to see whether anything comes up. People switch things around particularly at fastpass time. And again when actually there

Oliver123 19 May 19 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass (Post 13854622)
No. CG brunch is available at 180 plus 10 days like all other dining.

What day was 15 September in your dining booking? If it was actually 180 days, or within about 5 days, this may be why. You are going just as GE opens so it is expected to be very busy. Americans do short stays of up to 5 days by and large, so the first few days of dining and FP booking are always busy. It is better to leave sought after dining or FP to later in the holiday.
I got CG brunch at 6 days and 13 days into my holiday no problem in late October early November, however, someone else booking at 180 days exactly couldn’t get it

Strange. I rang on 180+5 and was told they haven’t released any availability yet and they don’t normally release them at 180 or else I would have been checking much more

Guest 20 May 19 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver123 (Post 13854457)
I have been trying since 180+10 to get California grill for bunch on the 15th September but I haven’t been able to get it!

Are there different booking periods for brunch at California Grill?

I tried for the 15th September too, but I only arrive on the 13th so it was my +2 day and no availability. I got it for the 22nd but a bit later than I would have liked, I then decided against it and cancelled and it has never been available since.

At this point, you could try using one if the alert systems like touringplans.com or wait until you get there and hope to pick up a cancellation the day before. We have only been once before and it was a last minute booking.

Guest 20 May 19 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver123 (Post 13854734)
Strange. I rang on 180+5 and was told they haven’t released any availability yet and they don’t normally release them at 180 or else I would have been checking much more

That does not sound correct, I am sure they are released like any other booking. Although I have only actually been once and that was a last minute, I have booked CG a number of times at 180+10 (cancelled later but booked just in case as I know it is hard to get).

writersblock 20 May 19 03:42 PM

Just for info, the date I needed was released on 180+10. This was for a November date.

princessgem 20 May 19 07:37 PM

I had this problem it wasn’t allowing me to search on the app and the lady on the phone said she couldn’t see any dates released (we wanted 29th sept)

Anyway I decided to try the desktop version and options came up for the following week. Have you tried the desktop version?