theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Dishwasher owners (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1205932)

Yipykayay 13 Oct 21 05:47 PM

Dishwasher owners

At 55 years old, I've never owned or used a dishwasher but will soon be moving to a new home that has one installed.
Being a bit late to the party, I'd like to ask the experienced dishwasher owners of The Dibb if there are any particular brands of tablets I should be buying/avoiding?

TIA

Bondy007 13 Oct 21 06:11 PM

Personally, I buy the cheapest I can find. But always ensure you've got dishwasher salt and rinse aid. I generally don't do brands unless they're on a very good offer.
You can if you want, purchase the all in one tablets which negates the need for salt and rinse aid - but these are usually branded ones and are usually much more expensive.
I can't say i've come across any tablets I would avoid. I've found all the ones I've used have done the job they're intended for.

There are (for me) 2 key points for successful use of a dishwasher:
1 - use all in one tablets or ensure you're topped up with rinse aid and salt.
2 - load configuration, get this wrong and you'll be washing everything twice!

Libby 13 Oct 21 06:12 PM

I've avoided Finish tablets since they took the glaze, and subsequently the picture off my Mickey Mouse mug. (It became known as the hidden Mickey mug by my kids) But that was years ago so probably more gentle now.

I choose Fairy platinum tablets but I make sure I stock up when they are on special offer.

nursetina 13 Oct 21 06:15 PM

I buy whatever is cheapest but I usually go for own brand all in one and I like them with the lemon scent.

badmousewife 13 Oct 21 06:17 PM

Aldi Magnum all in one for me. The Lemon version.

Mr Tom Morrow 13 Oct 21 06:23 PM

Fairy is the brand my Wife likes. Costco sell big bags for a decent price.

Salt I sort out and get that from Asda.

Yipykayay 13 Oct 21 06:37 PM

Thanks all. :thumbup:
I had never heard of the salt and rinse aid and didn't realise the load configuration would make any difference. Every day's a school day right enough:grin:

Gryff 13 Oct 21 06:40 PM

I use Aldi magnum lemon and the rinse aid and salt
Also it might just be me but I take out the filter sprinkle them off and run a dishwasher cleaner through once a month and top up the salt and rinse aid at the same time

Ivegottadream 13 Oct 21 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bondy007 (Post 15172827)
Personally, I buy the cheapest I can find. But always ensure you've got dishwasher salt and rinse aid. I generally don't do brands unless they're on a very good offer.
You can if you want, purchase the all in one tablets which negates the need for salt and rinse aid - but these are usually branded ones and are usually much more expensive.
I can't say i've come across any tablets I would avoid. I've found all the ones I've used have done the job they're intended for.

There are (for me) 2 key points for successful use of a dishwasher:
1 - use all in one tablets or ensure you're topped up with rinse aid and salt.
2 - load configuration, get this wrong and you'll be washing everything twice!

This advice is spot on.

megaflyer 13 Oct 21 06:42 PM

Fairy Platinum plus - and even with a water softer I use finish salt and rinse aid on my machine