theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Guest Services (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Mouseowners IP address ban (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149039)

mental4ever 10 Oct 19 07:54 PM

Mouseowners IP address ban

Prior to being introduced to The Dibb I used to glean information about Disney/Orlando through Mouseowners.
Unfortunately the last few weeks every time I tried to sign in it come up with the message that my IP address has been banned by the administrator. Up until this week I would send them a message and within 24 hours I would be allowed access. However, I have contacted them over the last 3 days but still denied access.
Has anyone else had problems with mouseowners administration. :mad::mad::mad:

Kd0758 10 Oct 19 08:06 PM

I’m not on there but I went on there to be nosy and it said the same message for me.

Mr Tom Morrow 10 Oct 19 08:07 PM

I deleted the Mouse Owners link maybe 18 months ago. Total waste of time and no news.

DVC News is far better.

mental4ever 10 Oct 19 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14120050)
I deleted the Mouse Owners link maybe 18 months ago. Total waste of time and no news.

DVC News is far better.

Still have it set up on my systems but if no luck signing in on the weekend I’ve decided to delete them.
I will be sad as have followed them since when we bought our DVC and it will feel like the end of an era. :wavey::wavey::wavey:

400ixl 10 Oct 19 09:09 PM

Use a free vpn to bypass the IP restriction.

Bozza 10 Oct 19 09:17 PM

I've never heard of the site before this thread but just taken a look.

The forum part of the site is powered by vBulletin, the same software as this site and the same software I use on a busy community site I own and run (not Disney related).

My site has been subject to a large-scale attack from China over the past few weeks which has led me to really ramp up security on a number of fronts.

One tool I used, although only temporarily, would result in the same message you are reporting. Unfortunately a few genuine users of my site based in the Far East were blocked in addition to the millions of bots that were hammering the site.

Assuming the site has no good reason to ban users from the UK, it may be they are undertaking similar security measures to protect their site, and you have been unwittingly caught up in that.

mental4ever 10 Oct 19 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozza (Post 14120203)
I've never heard of the site before this thread but just taken a look.

The forum part of the site is powered by vBulletin, the same software as this site and the same software I use on a busy community site I own and run (not Disney related).

My site has been subject to a large-scale attack from China over the past few weeks which has led me to really ramp up security on a number of fronts.

One tool I used, although only temporarily, would result in the same message you are reporting. Unfortunately a few genuine users of my site based in the Far East were blocked in addition to the millions of bots that were hammering the site.

Assuming the site has no good reason to ban users from the UK, it may be they are undertaking similar security measures to protect their site, and you have been unwittingly caught up in that.

Thanks for this information.
I knew that it was not something I had posted which may have upset their admin but it is a bit daunting that I am not able to access through no fault of my own.
I appreciate that I have been banned to protect their systems.

Bozza 10 Oct 19 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mental4ever (Post 14120212)
Thanks for this information.
I knew that it was not something I had posted which may have upset their admin but it is a bit daunting that I am not able to access through no fault of my own.
I appreciate that I have been banned to protect their systems.

It almost certainly won't be personal.

They could have put a block on a wide range of IP addresses at a very high level and you've just been snagged up in the same net.

Andi 10 Oct 19 10:07 PM

I just went on to have a look at the site and I got the same message.

lindyT 10 Oct 19 10:11 PM

Happened to me too! Been a member for years. Messaged three times,but no response! Linda