theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Fantastic Four Disney Hotels - Live Report (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1138853)

Minnie Mum 28 Jul 19 09:59 PM

Fantastic Four Disney Hotels - Live Report

Hello all, our 2 week holiday is fast approaching and im going to try and do a live food report again.

We are a family of 4 who have spent the last 4 summers in Orlando. We think this will be our last annual stay for a couple of years so wanted to try some of the Disney hotels that we hadn't stayed at yet.

I’m Ruth, the family planner and trip organiser. Lover of sushi, spicey food and cocktails in numerous forms. I have a snack list( thanks rescuer) and beginning to compile a cocktail list.

James my husband was reluctant to go to Disney initially but has grown to love it- especially given how much the children enjoy it. He loves all food( except baked beans) and enjoys the odd cocktail( or 3) on holiday!

Noah is our 11 year old. A thrill seeker and foodie. He particularly loves steak, burgers, ice creams and cookies

Minnie is our 5 year old who is princess mad. She is more limited in her food choices. Mac cheese will be a regular feature. Cupcakes and ice creams will also make regular appearances.

We are staying at OKW in a studio for the first week with ddp.

We then move to the poly club level for 2 nights

Then YC club level for the next 2

Then finally onto Four Season for the final 3 nights. We stayed at four seasons for 2 nights last summer and cant wait to return.

We are only doing disney parks this summer with the exception of a boys trip to KSC for a day.

We have a car for 12 nights and are getting a cab from the airport to OKW. It was £150more expensive to have the car for the full 2 weeks🤔. If the boys were not going to KSC we would off used uber/ disney.

Our ADR are:
BOG- breakfast
Skipper Canteen- lunch
Garden Grill- ppo breakfast
Homecoming- dinner
Story book dining - dinnee
California Grill- brunch
Teppan Edo- D
Yak and Yeti- using Laundry card and oop
CRT- lunch on our girls day( when boys are at KSC)

Noah is a disney adult on ddp, except at CG so we will Minnie credits and then pay oop for her at other meals.

We have booked Bon Voyage breakfast when we stay at YC but im still in 2 minds abour whether we do this or not. It feels expensive to do oop and we did it 2 years ago. We will see how it goes.

Other paid for experience:
EMM at Toy Story Land. This includes breakfast and hoping to ride slinky and meet characters

EMM at MK- on our girls day. This again includes breakfast. Minnie loves 7D

The kids are going to Captain Hook Pirate Club on our first YC night

Mermaid school at YC- Minnie is doing this

We have hired a Cabana at Stormaway bay for a day off our YC stay and a pool patio at poly. We are planning a pool day at both to enjoy the hotel and club!

Quick Services must do;
Polite pig
Blaze
Woody lunch box- adult lemonade is on the list
Santeen Cantena

I am working on our snack credit list and want to try cocktail list!

That our rough plan. Im sure more will be added. Thanks to everyone who writes food reports, it has really helped my planning and i always love reading along. 😊

Kat11 28 Jul 19 10:00 PM

I’m in! Looking forward to following along. 😃

Kat

Inky 28 Jul 19 10:18 PM

Aww like Minnie’s name, bet she is popular with the characters at Disney

Minnie Mum 28 Jul 19 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inky (Post 13982446)
Aww like Minnie’s name, bet she is popular with the characters at Disney

Thanks Inky. Its amazing how many people call her Millie! Ur does get a few comments when im booking things for her.
Its my dads grandmother name and does suit her 😊

Rescuer 29 Jul 19 12:23 AM

Excellent, I’ll be reading along seeing if you cross off more on that snack list than we managed.

It will be great to hear your comparison of all the hotels, we’ve stayed at the Poly and the Yacht Club. Yacht club and contemporary are my 2 all time fav resorts.
Lots of good Adrs there.
With emm at toy story get there early if you want to do slinky first, save breakfast for after. Also they let the crowds in about 8.50, we came off toy story mania at 8.55 and wanted to ride again, I asked if we could go through fastpass with the emm bands and they let us. Not sure we’d have gotten away with that for slinky but it was still a bonus.

Goldia 29 Jul 19 06:27 AM

It sounds like you've got a fab trip planned, some absolutely lovely hotels. I'm looking forward to seeing the club offerings!

Hope you have a marvellous time.

Disneynut23 29 Jul 19 07:29 AM

Sounds like a lovely holiday, great hotel choices. Can’t wait to read along. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Forest32 29 Jul 19 07:45 AM

Looks like we will be staying at OKW at the same time. Have you requested a particular area? We are hoping to be near to HH. We also have a snack list to work through:) . Sounds like you have some great things planned in. We have booked Captain Hook’s for our two boys so we can go to the YM steak house for our anniversary. Am a bit concerned that my 11 year old will think it’s a bit young for him but he says he’s going to go with the flow and get stuck in looking for treasure!
Can’t wait to read your report. Hope you have an amazing time!

Pez01 29 Jul 19 10:35 AM

Hurrah for a new food report! We will be there at the same time looking at your countdown. We have a few ADRs in common too.

Excellent that you too will be posting pics of your cocktails ... there’s going to be a few of us in the “cocktail crew” this year 😊😊😊😊

MaryMendes 29 Jul 19 11:43 AM

I’m jealous of the club level stays at the Polynesian & YC.

The club lounge at the Poly is lovely.