theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Booking Restaurants at Citywalk (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1080912)

sdb1978 18 May 18 11:39 AM

Booking Restaurants at Citywalk

We have 2 nights at Hardrock H on July 6&7th.

Will we be able to just head out for dinner at Citywalk those evenings or would it be advisable to book in advance?

Disney Jo 18 May 18 11:48 AM

I personally would just head out. We have eaten at the NBC sports bar and got seated straight away and had a 10 minute wait at the Mexican restaurant and bubba gumps (all 3 were evenings in August). We ate at Bubba gumps one November and got seated straight away.

Some you may have a 10-20 minute wait but cant imagine it being much more then that.

Although if you know where you want to eat and the time you want to eat then no harm in trying to book in advance.

sdb1978 18 May 18 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Jo (Post 13258327)
I personally would just head out. We have eaten at the NBC sports bar and got seated straight away and had a 10 minute wait at the Mexican restaurant and bubba gumps (all 3 were evenings in August). We ate at Bubba gumps one November and got seated straight away
Some you may have a 10-20 minute wait but cant imagine it being much more then that.

Although if you know where you want to eat and the time you want to eat then no harm in trying to book in advance.

Thanks, dont mind a short wait just didnt want to turn up and be faced with hour long waits

novocastrian 18 May 18 12:03 PM

as above we have never booked at city walk just turned up

longest we waited was probably 20 minutes at NBC Grill just sat outside on the bleechers

most places got seated straight away

this has always been in august

nicklet 19 May 18 10:35 AM

I maybe wrong here but as you are staying at hrh I think you get priority seating at city walk restaurants?

Forkbeard 19 May 18 12:24 PM

We booked Emeril's and The Kitchen (I think), both at resorts as opposed to City Walk mind. We used Open Table. We needn't have bothered, they were both empty at late lunch time. When I say empty I mean one or no other diners.

Bubba Gumps was fairly empty, early evening too.

We tried the Chocolate Factory for shakes one day, late lunch, and that was also empty as far as I could tell.

Our visit was Sep/Oct so I'm assuming it's much busier July time.

Unexpectedpenny 19 May 18 02:41 PM

There was a thread recently where I posted some links for where to book (if you do decide to) link here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forkbeard (Post 13260317)
We booked Emeril's and The Kitchen (I think), both at resorts as opposed to City Walk mind.

Emeril’s at Royal Pacific is closed now and the one at a Citywalk closes July 7th :(

alanm 19 May 18 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicklet (Post 13260064)
I maybe wrong here but as you are staying at hrh I think you get priority seating at city walk restaurants?

Yes, believe if you show your room key you will be seated at the next available free table

Forkbeard 19 May 18 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny (Post 13260592)
Emeril’s at Royal Pacific is closed now and the one at a Citywalk closes July 7th :(

Ah, many thanks for sharing.

The food wasn't brilliant to be honest, but the style of the place was nice.

tocpe321 19 May 18 03:23 PM

We went to Bubba Gumps in August. We had quite a wait. Can’t remember how long but maybe 30 to 40 minutes. We just sat nearby and chilled until the pager went off.