theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   British Airways seats "at the back" query (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1080938)

OLS 18 May 18 01:37 PM

British Airways seats "at the back" query

Can anyone tell me how good / bad the sets of 2 seats are at the back of the 747s (non refurbed, if that makes a difference) are?

The proximity to the toilet looks a little worrysome - smelly? Busy (on a night flight) with people queueing down past the seats and leaning on your chairs?

Just trying to decide if to try and get them on our return leg night flight so the kids can both have a "side" to lean on with a pillow and hopefully get some sleep!

nialltruan 18 May 18 04:35 PM

WE have had these seats before and think they are nice. People walking up and down didn't bother us and it was nice to know that we wouldn't have a third unknown person with us. We did book them for our trip this time into Tampa, but the plane had been changed and they weren't available. (now waiting for a refund)

R3D4 18 May 18 07:09 PM

We had them flying back from New York a couple of months ago. They were excellent although you are a bit away from the window so you don't have the option to lean against the wall as it were.

My experience was that on the night flight there was not that many people using the toilet and certainly never that many that there was ever a queue

cloud 18 May 18 09:16 PM

These are our seats of choice, nobody kicking your seat behind you, easy to get up and stand behind seat to stretch your legs, first to be served! Never found the toilets being close a bother... Go,for it

rebeccarobbins 18 May 18 09:52 PM

We had these last year on the way out and didn't find the toilet being near very troublesome (if at all). The only negative was that we found there was quite a lot of fuel fumes particularly at take off.

OLS 19 May 18 01:42 PM

Great thank you everyone one, so it seems the toilets are not a problem - we did once sit on these seats on Thomas Cook and the seats were not right next to the wall but they did have a plastic “unit” of some kind that was kind of level with the arm rests, it meant for kids they could put a cushion on it and lean their head on it (not possible for adults unless your double jointed haha!), is this the same on the BA flight, the only reason to sit on these seats is for that reason, so that the kids can both lean on something to sleep without us having to sit with a stranger on the end aisle seat! Anyone happen to have a picture of the seats?

Thanks

Libby 19 May 18 07:16 PM

When we had these seats there was a gap between the seat and window. I kept my bag down there.

Lell 19 May 18 07:18 PM

We had these seats on the way back from Las Vegas and there was definitely a space between the seats and the window.

OLS 19 May 18 07:28 PM

ahhh ok that rules them out then as I was only going to get them for the kids to rest & sleep on, if there is a gap that's no good for them, will just have to get 2 rows of 3 and hope no one sits on one of the Aisles haha